THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Hurricane and East Coast AR members...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hurricane and East Coast AR members... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
here's hoping that you guys have no problems...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The house is dark and Dominion Power is telling us it could be weeks before power is restored. A backyard fence and a tree down, but everything is OK with the house. We are just up the interstae from Norfolk, which got hit pretty hard.

I am work getting ready for a business trip to Huntsville AL, otherwise no way to keep the AR folks informed.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since your fence is damaged, insurance should pay for removal of the tree.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
900,000 without power in NY state, many roads closed .We didn't get any wind until the rain stopped .That was sometimes intense .Delaware river here will probably get higher overnight.My generator works fine so I'm set .Tomorrow supposed to be perfect so it will be a drying out day.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
probably goes without saying, but check the oil and be aware of CO poisoning, the company i work for sells and services emergency standby generators,,,, from5 kw to 3.2 meg...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I rode it out in Virginia Beach. We got lucky becuase they down graded it to Category 1 and it mostly passed to the west of us. Those right on the coast got clobbered pretty good, especially around Sandbridge, but the neighborhood I weathered it out in didn't have any damage to mention. A few tree limbs came down and some shingles and siding got blown off but not much more than that.

We didn't even lose power. Some others in the general area did, but we didn't. Other than a hell of a lot of rain and wind, it wasn't nearly as bad as Isabell was. Now that one really tore up Hampton Roads.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if anyone has heard from Ann [Aspen Hill] as she is in VT which was very hard hit with very serious flooding. ??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard from her.

We went up to VT Sunday to check on our place in the hills in south central VT. We got into its town however the highway was out as a bridge washed out.

We could not get closer than 2 miles from our place by car.

Our snow plow guy got to the place by bicycle and said it was still ok. Four houses in that town and their land are gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...MzsU&feature=related

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not too bad...a few trees down, power out for 24-48 hours in the nearby area. I still managed to get to the Post Office every day to ship out the boxes of dies, brass cases, and bullets to my needy AR friends!!! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VT has stated that while its "not too bad" where you are.

That its the worst flood in Vermont in the last 100 years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Link on adjusters and appraisers. I know nothing about this man or his company. Some good thoughts and ideas on this paga/video.
My insurance adjuster that came out after Rita was great and took really good care of us. Some of the people I work w/didn't do so well.

http://www.bootheglobalperspec....asp?offset=0&id=450

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My county is now on the list so you can apply for federal gov't funds which may be helpful if you can't get insurance help.