Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Madison Square Garden, New York Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Have not been to New York City for several years. Need a good hotel near Madison Square Garden. Any recommendations?

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the W Time Square a few years ago.

http://www.wnewyorktimessquare...34__NAD_FM&SWAQ=958P

I believe it is about $200 a night. Not that bad a walk to MSG. Less than a mile. Fifteen minute walk.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Pennsylvania across the street is a little run down but cheap.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The W Hotel is a great product. I've stayed in several around the country. Thanks for the input.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know that you could get a decent hotel room in the City for only $200/night.

Good info.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a cheap traveler and I admit it....I've stayed in places in NYC that I met some of the famed NY rats moving out of as I moved in.

That said, without family along, a quick search says that The Pennsylvania, mentioned above, would be a good cheap choice, with rooms available below $100/night.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I am a cheap traveler and I admit it....I've stayed in places in NYC that I met some of the famed NY rats moving out of as I moved in.

That said, without family along, a quick search says that The Pennsylvania, mentioned above, would be a good cheap choice, with rooms available below $100/night.

I have a relatively long history with Pennsylvania Hotel as my dad stayed here in the early 70s and he always wanted to stay there. The hotel is run down - not terrible but run down.

Orbitz has good hotels in the $200-$300 price range.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Hilton Times Square is a little dated but it's clean and not far from the Train station and M.S.G. . Book 7 days in advance and the rate goes from $350 to $280. a night.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5109 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
P.S. If you are thinking of taking the train, expect delays. Track is under repairs.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5109 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote