Find
Notify
Tools

Please say a prayer Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
for our close family friend's son Nick.

He died last night. Only 25 years old, he graduated from the U.S. Air force Academy about 3 or 4 years ago. Was stationed in Colorado. Had just bought his own first house. Then, last Tuesday he was diagnosed with a rapid, deadly version of Leukemia. Both of his younger brothers were perfect bone-marrow matches, and it was hoped he could hang on long enough to receive marrow transplants. They thought he appeared to be getting a wee bit better, so they started chemo on him late yesterday. Whatever happened, he died soon after they began the chemo.

A rotten loss for his family and our country. Nick was a brilliant "Straight arrow", the kind any country's military needs more of.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayer delivered. Sad loss of a fine young man.

Posts: 173 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of story that makes you ask "why?" very seriously. Prayer sent.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad to hear this. A prayer was sent for Nick.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
On behalf of Nick, his mother Karen, father and his two brothers, thank you. I'm sure they all feel the same way in asking "Why, God?". Perhaps one of these days we will all find out.

(I apologize for the confusion regards his name in my original post. Kevin is one of his brothers. I was upset by his death and trying to type too quickly for my brain to keep up.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences. We don't know all of God's plans for His children. It's hard for us when we lose a child or a young person. We don't fully understand God's purposes for our trials now, but we will someday.

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Man I hate to hear that...I will throw one up to the man upstairs. I pray for comfort for the family.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very tough thing. God's will is not for us to know, but be assured He has a plan.

Our loss is Heaven's gain.

Prayers for his family, may God hold them and give them strength.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote