THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    What the hell happened to the History channel !!??!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What the hell happened to the History channel !!??!! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
I guess ive been away from the TV for to long .

That used to be my favorite channel with real history.

All the war footage and prohibition ,Colt ,automobile development,Mining,steel workers ,Baseball.

Amongst other subjects they even made the development of the sewing machine interesting...

Is there anything else out there even close worth watching anymore?

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean you cannot work up any enthusiasm for for the Big Foot fraud or the Ghost Hunters fraud?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pawn stars is usually ok. Especially when they get old guns in. They aren't FFL so it's usually old Colt's etc.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
You mean you cannot work up any enthusiasm for for the Big Foot fraud or the Ghost Hunters fraud?

Nope Nada...

It used to be a very informative program but not anymore.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Most TV nowadays is staged BS that one with any sense can see right through. There are very few shows I watch these days on any channel including hunting shows.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wait until you see what happened to the Weather Channel.

I think the Coast Guard is using them for a 24 hour recruiting forum.

If I want to know the temperature outside it is faster to go to the computer and hit the refresh button.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The History Channel is owned by the New York Times ..... any questions.

The H2 channel (hi Def) you will like better.

The military channel (low def only, damn!) is also one you should like.

If you have Direct TV and pay the big bucks there is an overload of good stuff like 267, 276, 281,
286, 287, 340.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing that will get me to reach for the remote faster than yet another rehash of predictions of Nostradamus is a show about "Ancient Aliens"

Of course a recent show I managed to catch about recently discovered ancient stuff is someone who was wondering where all the copper from the European Bronze Age came from...

As it turns out there is now hard scientific evidence that the copper that the phoenecians and Minoans were shipping into the med from an unknown location was actually mined in Northern
Michigan!

Copper from an ancient minoan shipwreck was assayed and matched EXACTLY within multiple decimal places the percentage
of trace elements (odd stuff like Thallium & Galladium) in exact proportion to native copper (99% pure copper that can be dug up in it's metallic form) that can be dug up on Michigan's Northern penninsula today.

Seems that the world's history was altered far more by the explosion of Thera (The volcano that destroyed the minoan civilization) than we realized.

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Allan

That is interesting...

Cal30

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Art

I will check to see if I get those channels.

Cal30

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Liberals have been gainfully employed in re-writing history for the last decade or so. As soon as they get the revised version done, they'll let the show start up again because until then, they can't let all the unpolitical correct history stuff to be seen.

Until them, amuse yourself with the drivel being shown now.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Liberals have been gainfully employed in re-writing history for the last decade or so. As soon as they get the revised version done, they'll let the show start up again because until then, they can't let all the unpolitical correct history stuff to be seen.

Then why don;'t conservatives put themselves in a position where they can tell a different 'truth?' The fact is that liberals have much more patience in regards to their long-term goals than conservatives. We just want to live our lives and leave everyone alone so long as they leave us alone. The liberal makes it his business to run everyone else's life so they naturally put themselves into positions where they are able to do so. All the while, conservatives bitch and whine but make no attempt to enter the fields they consider infiltrated by the liberals. It is our own fault for not having the patience or long-term sticktoitiveness as liberals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TV shows/programming has gone to the dogs.

Was out yesterday evening late looking for some pigs, walked in the house and the boss was watching barry on tv. I stopped and looked, walked over and opened the fridge and asked " isn't there something on QVC or HSN we can watch together" She wheeled around in her chair and looked at me and then I said " Did I just say what I think I just said"

Yep, TV has gone to the dogs......

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Hell it used to be full of docmenteries, and had this history of Baseball and the Civalwar by Ken Bernstein.... That was all top notch stuff and even showed the movie The killing Fields and I believe Schindles list of all things.

I am so disapointed by what is going on now.

I wont even turn the channel to it anymore.

Cal30

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to really enjoy the stories about the Revolution, the Civil War, WWI, WWII, the Indian Wars, the Brit's wars in Asia, Africa etc.,, Romans, Greeks, -- what would you call it? -- History. Pawn Star/American Picker Wars, not so much.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of xs headspace
posted Hide Post
Well, I was looking forward to the DIY channel, when I switched to more channel, digital cable. Holy crap! All they show is how to plant shrubs, and knock down walls, so a contractor can finish the work. i was hoping for something like welding lessons, or how to cut dovetail joints in cabinetmaking. Loved the old WW2 plane stuff on History. I see that even the Military Channel is showing old war movie crap now.

Hippie redneck geezer