THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    I've never beat a woman before, but I understand the urge...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've never beat a woman before, but I understand the urge... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted
I'll assume that most of us are men, and married, though women and single guys are free to chip in. I have always liked redheads for some reason, though I swear my wife is the last, either way it goes. I've been married for something like 5 or 19 years, and would greatly appreciate the benefit of the more experienced gentlemen on the board. When you are fed up to the hilt, and just want to strangle her (not literally of course but kinda) how do you deal with it? Seriously?

My wife manages a chain store and is a superb manager and exactly the sort of forward thinking employee that any businessman would love to hire, but sometimes, almost exclusively in our personal lives she has shit for brains. What's up with that?

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for the poon,there'd be a bounty on 'em. Wink

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the hell do you think she keeps you around for?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never try to understand a woman, you'd be better off hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
When there's no solution to something, I take it off my list of problems.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When there's is no solution to something, I take it off my list of problems.

Now that's funny, great quip. I'll save that one.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As for the topic, I think any man who hits a woman, unless they are under direct, serious, and damaging physical attack, is one of the lowest of the low.

Like almost any husband, I suppose, I've been plenty pissed off a few times, but even the thought of hitting her has NEVER entered my mind. Of course, I'm lucky, she's the best thing that ever happened to me but it took two marriges, counting this one, to get there. But I never considered hitting my first wife either, murder, yes, hitting, no. Wink

I could go into long detail but when you're a businessman with your own set of problems to deal with daily and your wife has just presented you with a beautiful third child and is in emergency surgery with, at best, a 50-50 chance of living, then you will quickly realize how important she is to you and to the family unit, and you sit there thinking, "WTF am I going to do if she doesn't make it?". It was a moment of true personal epiphany, but not the method I'd recommend to realize the depths of your love as well as the importance of your wife. Luckily she made it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
To be clear, I'm in no way advocating that it is okay to beat a woman. Any man who does so is a first rate POS IMHO.

When I posted this I was having one of those nights with her where I could just....

I'm sure ya'll understand. I was sort of looking for answers like "Go play some gold", "just walk away", "log on to AR", and such as that.

If women didn't have that certain thing, they'd be shit out of luck huh?

And for the record, my wife had a seizure two days before Christmas. I was watching the weather at 6 AM and she came and sat on the floor with her head in my lap, said she thought she was going to puke, and 30 seconds later locked up and flopped down on the floor. I do know how much she means to me, and what being helpless to help her feels like. Just needed to vent. Thanks guys.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daniel77,
I think venting is a perfectly acceptable way of working through something in your mind as opposed to actually doing something you will regret. Or as you said, you could just log on to AR and go to your "happy place".

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's probably not HER.

I have the perfect wife and she can still get on my nerves. She says I am getting more cranky, and less patient as I get older. Like I said, she doesn't miss a thing.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
She says I am getting more cranky, and less patient as I get older. Like I said, she doesn't miss a thing.

And here I was thinking I was the only one......... Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx