New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gov. Abbott has Covid? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Well that seems to be what the "news" is saying. I would not wish this sickness on anyone, regardless of their politics. I do back our Governor + applaud his decisions as Texas head of state. That being said, I do find it ironic, if true, that he falls prey to an illness that he expounded 'not serious'. This may be all media hype + he has not contracted the virus. Any thoughts?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Not trying to inject politics into the equation but as Governor Abbot is vaccinated, he said his symptoms are very minor.

At some point, we the people of this nation need to stop rewarding the press for making us jump from one emergency to another, whipping the public into a frenzy. Reminds me of cats chasing a laser pointer. They do this to generate clicks and viewers and we reward them by lapping it up.

The fact is that we can't keep our societies shut down forever. We have to open our businesses and start mingling with other people at some point. That means we are going to see an increase in Covid cases because the virus isn't going away, but will eventually fade. Fact.

If you are vaccinated, the chance of Covid having serious symptoms is very small. So the press, or better yet, we the people, need to stop blowing each case of new Covid infection out of proportion, especially if it hits a person of notoriety.

There are some valid reasons for SOME people to not take the shot. But if they choose not to, it's on them. I lost a friend last month to Covid because he refused to take the shot. His entire family is still refusing to take it. I don't understand that because if he had been vaccinated, he would probably have had the sniffles a few days and been right back at life today.

But yeah, Governor Abbott tested positive. So what? He's vaccinated and will be just fine.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fact is that we can't keep our societies shut down forever

Very true.

And we also need people to take care of themselves!

Vaccination is proven to help.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
He's already tested negative.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, this will probably get some negative feedback but inoculations for the good of everyone is not debatable. In the 50s when we got our polio vaccines, there was no choice about it, just shut up + take your medicine. C'mon, people are really dying from this; our county alone has had over 500 deaths from covid.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Getting ready to get my Covid booster and my flu shot on Thursday. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'm all for folks doing what they think is right for themselves but dismayed that in our times many wish death upon those of us who choose a different path.

I have deliberately waited to see how things went with mRNA vaccines. They are clearly NOT effective. Other countries have massive studies showing such and it is kept secret in the USA. Horrible.

Now y'all are going for your third shot. This is only making pharmaceuticals and politicians rich. A lot of people have died or had serious injury from these so-called vaccines. More than any other vax ever created- combined. Our media refuses to report it. Vaxxed people are getting covid and spread covid AND still get hospitalized with covid. Many are completely ignoring the facts.

I've seen horrible statements made by friends and family wishing terrible things upon people who do not like what they see for a so-called 'cure' and remain unvaxxed. What a society! No one was spewing Polio after being vaxxed for it...

I could go on but I know I am wasting my time.

Be careful for what you wish for. I have seen karma strike with true and vicious accuracy.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
They are clearly NOT effective.

. . . complete bullshit. You should be ashamed for spreading such crap.

cuckoo

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had Covid in November. Then the Moderna two shot vaccination in February and March. And, now the booster and the flu shot are coming up. I believe that everyone should have the choice to have them or not. For me, I have chosen to do so, but I am not criticizing anyone who chooses differently. Be well out there.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am happy to criticize those electing not to be vaccinated. They are the bastards (and bitches) that are forcing us to continue to endure this pandemic. The current Delta variant explosion is a direct result of their failure to act responsibly. Personally I’m tired of hearing their bullshit and excuses. Their crap line about personal freedom. To hell with them. Show up at the emergency room with Covid needing an ICU bed . . . send them home.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see that in the not too distant future alongside of no addmitance to stores, etc. w/o a vac. confirmation . I also have heard that the insurance companies will start refusing coverage on those who didn't take the vaccine. My wifes friend that had to go in for the dbl. mastectomy lucked out as her Dr. fought to get her in the hospital even though they were overcrowded by covid cases. Way too many folks not getting treated with serious ailments because the hospitals are full.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I am finishing Bill O'Reilly's book "Old School" in which he remarks on a survey done across the nation just a couple of years ago where the populace was asked their greatest fear. Believe it or not, it was not terrorism or anything related. By + large, it was corrupt politicians. Our capital reeks with them.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think one of the triage factors considered by doctors should be a patient’s vaccination status. Two people need treatment or an ICU bed and one is vaccinated and one is not, screw the one that made a conscious decision to forego being vaccinated. Decisions have consequences and it’s time to take some personal responsibly for a decision to be irresponsible.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, you are so right. The country has gone so far into the insanity fringe where irresponsibility is perfectly O.K. + devil take the hindmost.