THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Warrior/Truvelloshooter/Chris Bekker - Aka Pontificus Erroneus
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warrior/Truvelloshooter/Chris Bekker - Aka Pontificus Erroneus Login/Join 
one of us
posted
This thread contains replies to Warrior/Truvelloshooter/Chris Bekker. If this does not interest you, please close the thread and move on. You are right, it is junk and not worth wasting time on. I do not want to clutter the threads of others with his rubbish and my replies so:- Warrior is invited here, to say to me what he wants to say, instead of messing up other worthwhile threads

If it were not for the fact that he chooses to target myself and GSC products directly, I would not reply to his posts. This is evidenced by the fact that I only engage him on the forum when he addresses me or GSC directly.

Warrior perpetuates several lies:

1. He says that the GSC stability factor specification has no advantage during penetration in target. This is entirely correct. The lie that he perpetuates is that he implies that GSC maintains that the s/f specification is an important factor during penetration through the target and, this is a lie.

The advantage of the GSC s/f spec lies in the transition from air to target. No more and no less. The fact that the transition from air to target influences in target behaviour directly, escapes him entirely.

This has been pointed out to Warrior numerous times but he continues to repeat his lie.

2. Warrior says that I have stated that I am able to observe yaw angles, stability factors, bullet cant and tractibility "with the naked eye under hunting conditions". This is a lie and a figment of his imagination. He has repeated this absurd statement several times despite being told he is lying.

3. Above all, Warrior masquerades as an "expert" on ballistics and shooting in general. The truth is that his grasp of ballistics is poor. He has made numerous mistakes showing that his "knowledge" extends only as far as he is able to Google it. He shamelessly plagiarises other writers and presents the material as his own. Many respected members here have written him off as unqualified to discuss technical aspects of ballistics and shooting.

-------------------
He has a strange idea of what discussion and debate is. I understand it to be the stating of viewpoints and the questioning of those viewpoints, in an interaction of questions, answers and discussion. In the past I have answered many questions asked by Warrior/Truvelloshooter/Chris Bekker (all the same person). He does not to answer questions asked of him, mostly replies to my answers with phrases like "don't buy it - your theory is bullshit - you are talking crap" and by restating his question over and over, demanding further answers which he does not understand. His grasp is often so poor that he asks the wrong questions.

Recently I attempted to elaborate on a question he asked numerous times. When I eventually dragged a partial response from him, it was once more clear that he did not know what he was talking about. He fails to answer, because he does not even know enough to ask the right questions.

Many of the questions he has failed to answer would shed light on the questions he asks of me. He obviously does not realise this and, in any case, I doubt that he can indeed answer. A person of his implied (by himself) level of expertise, should easily be able to breeze through these, in one sentence or a word each, yet he fails to answer.

---------------------------------
Questions that remain unanswered.

1. Bekker Googled this link to pretend he knows about tractibility in an argument with Hot Core. http://www.fulton-armory.com/fly/tractf.htm To show that he does not comprehend what is discussed, I asked: "Chris, see the capital H in the circle in the formula. What do you think it means?" Simple question - no answer. Why? Because he does not know and cannot figure it out.

2. Question: Which bullet resists the impact generated overturning moment better? One with a stability factor of 1.1 or one with a stability factor of 1.5? Simple question - simple answer - none given.

3. Would you then say that a SF of 1.29 is too low and therefore not usable?

Likewise, is a SF of 1.51 too high, or can we still use bullets at that level of SF?

4. Is stagnation pressure primarily a function of bullet speed or bullet diameter?

5. Does stagnation pressure have an influence on overturning moment?

6. Does SF have an influence on overturning moment?

one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread refers.

quote:
Warrior Posted 26 May 2009 00:02
Gerard,

As for your tirade to take apart, we still do not have an acceptable explanation. Remember way back in November 2008 (Posted 06 November 2008 21:41) when you replied ....

quote:
"Not a perception or a view - a specification we have set "

I then answered:

It is a specification, not a view ... what a profound statement !!! Colossal brilliance, it may appear, but how does one come up with a supposed intelligent specification without having a view or a perception. A view (an opinion) CANNOT be separated from formulating a specification standard, unless one is a zombie in my humble opinion. So, if a "view" and a "specification" is mutually exclusive then, my question is what does it make you Gerard? Playing with words to confuse and derail to create a position different from reality is what I call the art of bullshitting.

You are still bullshitting your way through instead of just giving it to us neatly and concisely.

And by the way the theory is not based on tractibility - it is punted as having to do with "slow" and "fast" bullets as indicated on your website, and I quote .... "A stability factor (s/f) greater than 2.0 is required. A s/f of 2.5 is desirable for faster calibers." ... and it was advanced that stagnation pressure seems to play a decisive role. Exactly what is slow and what is fast (forward velocity)? Not angular velocity (spin) that is the main driver. Yes, this is a mess.

Over and out.
Warrior

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for your tirade to take apart, we still do not have an acceptable explanation.
The acceptable explanation you refer to is obviously something I have failed to mention thus far. It is therefore irrelevant to the subject but, if your grasp of a subject is so poor that you do not recognise an answer when it is given, there is little I am further prepared to do.

quote:
Remember way back in November 2008 (Posted 06 November 2008 21:41) when you replied ....

quote:
"Not a perception or a view - a specification we have set "

I then answered:

It is a specification, not a view ... what a profound statement !!! Colossal brilliance, it may appear, but how does one come up with a supposed intelligent specification without having a view or a perception.
You are right. A specification must be preceded by a view. In fact, a view is preceded by observation and testing. So, logically, observation and testing makes up perception, this forms the view or opinion. From there a specification can be derived. That is what I said. Our s/f specification is not a perception or a view, it is now a specification. What part of this process do you not understand?

quote:
A view (an opinion) CANNOT be separated from formulating a specification standard,
That is what I said and I would imagine what most people would understand. Logically one would definitely precede the other. You must be confused again?

quote:
unless one is a zombie in my humble opinion.
Are you confessing to be a zombie now? Is this a defense for stupidity in your mind? You are very strange indeed.
quote:
So, if a "view" and a "specification" is mutually exclusive then, my question is what does it make you Gerard?
Correct, I suppose.
Unless you are:-
quote:
Playing with words to confuse and derail to create a position different from reality
that is indeed:-
quote:
what I call the art of bullshitting.
Playing with words - you do it so badly to try and build an argument. This one certaily fails.

quote:
You are still bullshitting your way through instead of just giving it to us neatly and concisely.
If my explanation thus far is not understood by you, and you refuse to be led to an understanding of the concepts, as I have tried to do numerous times, if you are so rabidly caught up in your Agenda that you do not care how stupid you appear, what can I do but oblige? I will show up your stupidity and stubborn refusal to learn until you do or give it up.

quote:
And by the way the theory is not based on tractibility
Here comes the good part. The bit where you lay out your ignorance for all to see.

quote:
- it is punted as having to do with "slow" and "fast" bullets
Which means that the stagnation pressure values differ. This influences the generated overturning moment and that has a direct effect on t-r-a-c-t-i-b-i-l-i-t-y.

quote:
as indicated on your website, and I quote .... "A stability factor (s/f) greater than 2.0 is required. A s/f of 2.5 is desirable for faster calibers." ... and it was advanced that stagnation pressure seems to play a decisive role.
You keep getting right up to the answer to your question without recognising it - must be more than 15 times now. Unbelievable.
quote:
Exactly what is slow and what is fast (forward velocity)?
You tell me. Let us see what strange concept comes from this one.
quote:
Not angular velocity (spin) that is the main driver. Yes, this is a mess.
It certainly is. But you refuse to learn from others so that the murk can clear for you so, continue to wallow in your own mess.
quote:
Over and out.
Warrior
I doubt it. You have proved that you are too stupid to know when to fold them many times before.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chatting with yourself again Gerard ...??

Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Morning Jay,
Two mistakes:
1. "again"
2. Siding with Warrior - He will adopt you as an ally. You may not realise it now, but you do not want that. He will quote you out of context and put you in a difficult position.
Wink

In any case, it will not be long before he shows up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Morning Gerard - The mistakes are yours ... Big Grin

"Again" - you're transmitting on several channels but your audience doesn't have a reciever for your frequencies.

"Siding" - with no one just passing by and noticed the Circus has moved to a new venue.

People are like dogs Gerard. You like dogs don't you? The Beagle barks at the Chihuahua. The Chihuahua barks back. Occassionally a Schnauzer joins in the fray. A Dobermann never responds to such foolishness.

How are things in your tropical paradise ...?? Do you have Palm Trees Gerard? We have Palm Trees. I hear you have a new Zulu leader. We have one of those too ... Wink

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK - I see. You are just into simple insults. Nothing serious or important.
thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must have scared them off ... maybe they're out testing some new interplanetary ballistics theory channeled to them by ET via their Boerboel ... ??? Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
This post by Warrior refers.

Pontificus Erroneus,
I stated that, with bullets of equal construction and speed, the heavier bullet will expand more. You replied previously, as now, with an example in which both speed and Sd differ. Do you think that it makes no difference?

You said that my statement cannot be true and proposed a test that would prove you are right and I am wrong.

Now you say I mentioned the test. I quoted you and in doing so, you dug your own personal hole deeper.

The test you proposed would be to fire bullets of the same construction, but differing weights, at the same speeds and observe how much expansion results. Regarding this test you proposed, you say:
quote:
And if we shoot these, the result will be very much the same.
In this you were proved wrong by the tests I quoted for you as well as by MacPherson's opinion.

You said that you would confess to be a moron should the test prove you wrong.

The tests were done by Northfork and the pictures are on their website. Not limited to one caliber but done in .270, 7mm, .30, .358, .375 and ,458. Every example proved you wrong.

Now we wait for you to confess to being a moron.

Your post referred to above is a laugh. You repeat a bunch of irrelevant stuff as though it proves something. The matter is simple: You made a statement. You were proven wrong. By your own admission - You are a moron.

quote:
I do not say MacPherson is wrong, we need to make sure that we interpret him correctly
From Bullet Penetration page 142: "An increase in bullet sectional density will cause equivalent expansion at lower velocity. Greater expansion occurs at the same velocity because the decelerating forces must act for a larger time interval to reduce the bullet velocity. The decelerating force and the stagnation pressure causing deformation are highly correlated."
This is all in one paragraph. What is there to interpret? It is as clear as daylight.

quote:
and not out of context, as you have done before when Alf pointed that out to you.
I have not quoted MacPherson out of context, that is a figment of your imagination. The lies you tell are increasing almost every time you post.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,
quote:
I have had my say, and I put it into perspective with the necessary qualification.
You repeated the same incorrect facts over and over. That is not qualification.
quote:
There is a very important aspect here and that is that the depth of the hole in the bullet's tip should be of equal length(sic) in all bullets from 150 gr to 180 gr to 200 gr
So, do you think that, as long as the hollow points are of equal volume and the nose shapes are identical, that expansion will be the same, regardless of bullet speed and weight? I suppose that is what happens when you base an opinion on a single test with a sample of three.
quote:
that is why I did my test with the 7 mm bullets in 175 gr and cut each time 6 mm off of the base, to end up with progressively lighter bullets, so as to keep the tips and drilled holes at the same depth - that is very important.
Are you referring to the test where you varied both the weight and the speed, rendering your results useless as a test of either weight or speed?
quote:
I do not differ with MacPherson's logic
Now you agree with the fact that more weight with same construction bullets at the same speed, increases expansion. You flip flop so easily one wonders if you hold an opinion of your own on anything.
quote:
but construction can overide the outcome
That is like denying that a pot is painted red when someone says "This pot is painted red" just because it is possible to paint it blue.
quote:
I say momentum is the driving force and not SD
Driving force of what? You flip flop so fast it is difficult to follow what you think you mean.
quote:
I thought I explained it well
You certainly repeated the same stuff often enough and that is not "explain".
quote:
and I have posted a picture of my own testing confirming the outcome.
Your single test with a sample of three, compared to the Northfork data of more than 130 samples, plus MacPhersons research? You lose that one hands down.
quote:
And that is that. Good bye. Warrior
No chance. You have threatened this too many times for anyone to believe it - it is just another lie.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This post from Warrior, plus his following 5 posts, refer.

Pontificus Erroneus,
As I said, not a chance. You just keep on running off at the mouth with lies and slanted facts.
quote:

What a stupid comment to make, are you halucinating !!!
Who said regardless of speed? Are you out of your skull?
The stupid comment and halucination is yours. You said it not me. I said regardless of speed and weight. Your sleight of tongue is not working.
quote:
My test was not a sample of 3 but 9, 3 bullets at each weight.
Compared to the Northfork results that spanned more than twelve times your nine and MacPherson's research, you still lose. Your "test" is irrelevant, in any case, because it does not address the effect of Sd on expansion. The fact that you hold it up as "proof" in this discussion shows how confused you are.
quote:
There is logic to the Barns(sic)-X method of drilling(sic) the hole only so deep.
I would be interested to know what you think this logic is.
quote:
Consider a 2 mm hole vs a 5 mm hole vs a 10 mm hole.
Will expansion differ?
It depends on whether you vary the weight and speed as well, so that you can make whatever deduction you want to suck from your thumb, I suppose.

To get back from all the sidetracks you have tried to create: You were adamant that keeping construction and speed the same and varying only the bullet length, will not influence expansion. Do you still hold that opinion and thereby wear the self imposed title of "moron", or have you changed your mind?

quote:
Bonded bullets like Rhino, Swift A-Frame and NF essentiall(sic) do have holes as well. They just get filled with lead and bonded.
By that logic, Sierra, Hornady and a host of other unbonded lead core bullets also have holes that are filled with lead. Driven fast enough, they all expand down to the bottom of the hole. Only you could confuse the hole of a hollow point bullet with the hole created during construction and prior to filling it with lead. Your ignorance is compounded with inept "saves" such as this.

quote:
I cannot take this at face value, as the apparent same "nose construction" does not necessarily mean that the holes are of equal depth.
Why would we then take anything you say at face value. You have lied so many times, everything you say is suspect. Your efforts to cast suspicion on the methods and statements of reputable manufacturers with some of the most stringent quality control systems in the world is despicable.
quote:
So I need to see sectioned bullets next to each other showing:
Just who do you think you are? You are a pissant amateur and you demand to see this. The statements were made, based on the findings of a world class manufacturer and it proved you are wrong.

quote:
Gerard quoted me a velocity in all cases of 2500 fps.
I did no such thing. You are confused to the point of being incoherent. Show the quote where I said that and, if you do not, you will be proved a liar once again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This post from Warrior refers.

Pontificus Erroneus,

Your confusion takes on a new dimension in this post. You quote Doug Turnbull and address the post to him, then you go off in four directions at once and do not answer his question. He had to ask you again.
rotflmo

You quote the section from Bullet Penetration which is very clear in what it says but you highlight the "decelerating force".
quote:
"From Bullet Penetration page 142: "An increase in bullet sectional density will cause equivalent expansion at lower velocity. Greater expansion occurs at the same velocity because the decelerating forces must act for a larger time interval to reduce the bullet velocity. The decelerating force and the stagnation pressure causing deformation are highly correlated."

Then you say:
quote:
SD on its own is NOT a "decelerating force". And now we can clearly see what Macpherson really meant ... meaning the bullet in motion (that has velocity) that exhibits momentum and energy.
This must rank as one of your all time great sentences that makes no sense. It proves one thing very clearly: Your grasp of the subject is woefully inadequate. It is another attempt at a "save" that does more damage than good. Where in that quote from MacPherson do you see Sd as a decelerating force? The really funny part is that you have the audacity to pretend that you understand and then "explain" what MacPherson "really meant".

The rest of your post is repetition, irrelevant (because your "test" varies speed and weight) a smokescreen and another sidestep to avoid answering these questions:

1. You were adamant that keeping construction and speed the same and varying only the bullet length, will not influence expansion. Do you still hold that opinion and thereby wear the self imposed title of "moron", or have you changed your mind?

2. Warrior posted:
"Gerard quoted me a velocity in all cases of 2500 fps."

I did no such thing. Show the quote where I said that and, if you do not, you will be proved a liar once again.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,

You say:
quote:
Going to an 8-inch twist is superfluous and will not give you any practical benefits in the hunting field, based on the notion that its higher SF number will give you supposed straighter and deeper penetration.
Using the language "notion" and "supposed" confirms that you do not agree with that fact. You may have mentioned this before.
Wink

In this thread Andrea, who is a professional of considerably more experience than you, has said:
quote:
I prefer over-stabilization to any risk of fish-tailing at short distances
quote:
Regarding the rate of twist it may better for me to go for a faster rate because longe range accuracy will be not required (for that I have a 270 and 7mm RM) while a good stabilization at 2 yards may save my life.
quote:
A charging animal, a marginal caliber and a fish-tailing bullet is a very bad combination.
What does Andrea know that you do not?

Posted a while back in the Big Bore Forum:
quote:
My first 50 B&Ms .500 caliber were all 1:18 twists.
Our first runs at trying to get a proper .500 caliber solid were all round nose designs. Stable for accuracy, but when terminal tests were done they were very unstable, straight penetration only about 50%, and could not keep them in the box. We quickly put together a 1:12 twist and stability went to between 80-90% of total penetration, a marked improvement. So 1:12 did wonders for the round nose.
Proof that increasing twist improved linear penetration but you do not believe it.

In this post, we read something very interesting:
quote:
Art Alphin of A Square also reported deeper straight line penetration of solids with a faster twist.
Of course this is in agreement with the Iron Buffalo testing RIP did as well.

In this thread JPK says, in answer to a question whether increased twist increases linear penetration:
quote:
I think the evidence supports this, and always, not just sometimes, so long as twist isn't absurd

And so we can continue. Tighter twist (or a shorter bullet, same thing) will improve linear penetration and hence depth as well. But you continue with your head stuck in the sand, making statements like:
quote:
Chasing the highest SF number possible is a moot endeavour in my opinion.
It only highlights your lack of a grasp on the subject.
Confirmation comes when you say:
quote:
the SF of the bullet in this case is only about 1.6 and a far cry from "dubbel(sic) this number" and more, for supposed reliable straight-line penetration.
You are incapable of recognising that there is a difference between the requirement of a soft and a solid - you are forever confusing the facts around them and making us laugh.

Noted that you still ignore and thereby acknowledge the self iposed title of lying moron (heavy):

1. You were adamant that keeping construction and speed the same and varying only the bullet length, will not influence expansion. Do you still hold that opinion and thereby wear the self imposed title of "moron", or have you changed your mind?

2. Warrior posted:

I did no such thing. Show the quote where I said that and, if you do not, you will be proved a liar once again.

one of us
posted Hide Post

quote:
This is not addressed to Gerard (SA RASPUTIN), but for the benefit of AR readers:
This is not addressed to Warrior (Pontificus Erroneus), but for the benefit of AR readers:
Warrior states:
quote:
Gerard quoted: "Art Alphin of A Square also reported deeper straight line penetration of solids with a faster twist." .... Alf wrote the following and I suppose Gerard must stand in opposition to this, as he elected not to quote Alf, but rather to support Art Alphin.
With respect to Alf and with no respect to Pontificus E, both of them miss something vital here. There is a vast difference between that which one observes and reports, and the explanations one would come up with, to explain what has been observed.

When someone states that he has observed something and reports what he has seen, and this fact is observed by five other people, one could say that the observation has merit.

Of course one could easily have six different explanations for the same phenomenon observed by six different people. Alf's response to Art Alphin's observations dealt with the explanations given for the observations. Two different things they are and that is why I did not include Alf in the quote. I also do not differ with Alf on much of his response. Pontificus E is confused again.

quote:
This was Alf's response at the time:

"It is typical of the junk science that permeated popular hunting magazines for years. From the explanations of the "toothpaste effect" shown in the picture in the middle of page 120 right down to to his assumption that his round nosed monometal solids somehow do not become unstable in target.

He then goes on to quote Mike LeGranges wood baffle box and the assumptions made....... before attmpting to contemplate what effects a penetrating bullet would have on each?

Even the explanation of how and why a soft nosed bullet deforms up to a point and then stops deforming is devoid of any scientific explantion.
Alf has a problem with Art Alphin's explanations but one cannot question many of the observations because they are supported by numerous others that confirm these observations.

Pontificus E says:
quote:
No the fact is that "Normal" twist angles within the limits of what we normally see in rifles with commonly used bullets at usual hunting distances do little to influence impact conditions as far as penetration goes and thus in target behaviour of solid bullets.
Regardless of how many times Pontificus E repeats this incorrect opinion of his, it will not make the observations of many experienced people go away. In effect Pontificus E is saying that the observations of the people I quoted in the post above and those of El Deguello are fiction? Are they lying? Are they delusional? Pontificus E implies that they are.
Pontificus E says:
quote:
And this is supported by good evidence in the scientific publications dealing with aeroballistics.
No, it is not. Pontificus E is sucking his thumb again and I would ask him to show us where he sees this written up, if this post were directed at him. No doubt that statement will join the rest of the string of lies he has told thus far.
Pontificus E says:
quote:
I value Alf's explanations a hundred fold more than Art's
Even though he does not understand what he is saying and generally quotes Alf out of context.

I remember his confusion when he "quoted Alf" with great conviction as proof of some or the other crackpot theory and it turned out that Alf was quoting another poster, with whom he differed on the matter. Watching him trying to squirm his way out of that was soooo funny.

I have to ask: Would you trust the technical opinion of someone who cannot figure out how to focus a digital camera?

Would you trust the technical opinion of someone who fails to answer the most basic questions because he does not know or has painted himself into a corner? Examples below:

2. Warrior posted:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[quote]quote:
And this is supported by good evidence in the scientific publications dealing with aeroballistics.quote]

Rasputin,

You are slurring again, Alf mentioned the above not me.
So tell Alf, he is a liar.

middlefinger

Thanks
Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You remain the liar until you prove otherwise and it will be a cold day before that happens.

No need to talk to Alf at all. He did not quote any study or paper relevant to stability factor and bullet behaviour in target. As usual you did not understand what is being discussed. This is very clear from your quote that somehow confuses "publications dealing with aeroballistics" with in target behaviour of bullets. Show me the quote where Alf said what you claim, or it will be chalked up as another figment of your imagination - another lie.

Just like these questions that you avoid at all costs, because you are proved wrong by the answers.

2. Warrior posted:

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,
Your quote from Razos(sic) Jack proves what? It proves that you put up a smokescreen that you do not understand because he actually says: "But a barrel with a reasonable conservative SF will shoot well longer and in more varied conditions than one with a marginal SF." Thank you for agreeing with us on this, finally.

You say:
quote:
How many buffalos and elephant have been shot at close range (25 to 50 yds) with a slow-twist of 1-in 14" in a 9,3 x 62 Mauser with great success over the last century? And in addition, up to the 80's hunting DG was mostly done with FMJ bullets with RN configurations. Today we have even better designs and much stronger monolithic Solids, and for another, with flat meplats, not prone to fish-tailing.
You are quite correct, many DG were shot with older design bullets and yes, bullets have become much better with time. Better in the sense that they have become more reliable as a result of better construction and better design. Modern designs are more likely to bring good results than designs of 20, 50 or 100 years ago. Thank you for pointing out this obvious fact. Modern design and construction would include such elements as new thinking in materials, design specifications and much practical testing to verify theory. Samples of one, three and nine are worthless of course. I am happy for you that you are coming around to the modern way of thinking about twist rates and such. You may not understand it yet but acceptance is the first step.

quote:
What we need to see is if there is indeed key-holing at say 25 yds in the .308 between a 10"-twist and an 8"-twsit (sic) with 145 gr GSC-FN Solids on a paper target for starters. This would be a very interesting excercise to conduct from which we can learn
Only you could come up with such a worthless "test". It shows you are not even close to understanding the subject. By the time you can see keyholing on a paper target, you are way past what would be usable as a game bullet in monometal copper construction, let alone a DG bullet. You would learn nothing for two reasons. The holes will appear identical and you are incapable of learning in any case. To get a 145gr FN in .30 cal to start keyholing due to insufficient stability factor, stability factor needs to be dropped to less than 1.1. This may only be possible with a twist of 1:19" or slower. Why don't you build a couple of rifles with such twist rates and prove yourself right/wrong?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to ask: Would you trust the technical opinion of someone who cannot figure out how to focus a digital camera?

RASPUTIN,

What a FOOL you are to jump to conclusions like this. This is done with regular monotony to make assumptions like this and then give it out as gospel.

I did not take the pictures and nor was my camera used. I am very busy at the moment and someone else did it for me with the most basic camera he had with him to expedite getting the photo on the thread. More so, his camera does not have a macro mode.

So put this stinking comment of yours in your pipe and smoke it !!!!

Go look here where Alf replies to NE 450 No 2, under the heading of "Big Bore - A loaded question" and then you will see that you are the devious liar and twister of words ... http://forums.accuratereloadin...201038801#2201038801

For the rest, not worth a comment ... futile idiotic masterbation.

middlefinger

Warrior

Posts: 2273 | Location: South of the Zambezi | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pontificus Erroneus fabricates tales, tells lies and will thumbsuck whatever he feels will "prove" the crackpot theory he is wanting to get across at a given moment.

Here is one example:

He reports on his blesbuck hunt with a GS Custom 130gr HV bullet used in a 308 rifle. He publishes a picture of a Barnes X bullet under this caption: "I will contrast with a .284/130 gr Barnes-X bullet also impacting at 2,300 fps and retrieved from a kudu. THE BARNES-X Bullet."

In this post from last year, he said:
quote:
Frans Oberholzer; an avid supporter of the Barnes-X bullet, that is known for its excellent penetration ability, was hunting kudu when he encountered shallow penetration with his 270 Win (Ruger M77) at a distance of 300 yards. That day Frans only had his 'Springbok load' with him - 130 gr Barnes-X bullets loaded to 2,932 fps. This shot was never to be, but his friends dared him to see what a marksmen Frans really was. True to form, Frans put the bullet in the vital area - it ran another 80 yards before going down to perish. Here is the bullet that Frans retrieved, showing its classical performance:

How can one believe anything he says or publishes? Did he shoot the blesbuck himself? Does he in fact hunt? What other pictures has he lied about? What other "tests" and "research" has he lied about. He has been caught out in at least four that I know of.
thumbdown

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go look here where Alf replies to NE 450 No 2, under the heading of "Big Bore - A loaded question" and then you will see that you are the devious liar and twister of words ... http://forums.accuratereloadin...201038801#2201038801

As I said: You remain the liar until you prove otherwise and it will be a cold day before that happens.

The question asked was
quote:
He did not quote any study or paper relevant to stability factor and bullet behaviour in target. As usual you did not understand what is being discussed. This is very clear from your quote that somehow confuses "publications dealing with aeroballistics" with in target behaviour of bullets. Show me the quote where Alf said what you claim, or it will be chalked up as another figment of your imagination - another lie.
So you "answer" a question that was not asked, probably hoping no one would notice. Some of us pay attention, you know. You are such an idiot and a liar to boot.

What about:
------------------

2. Warrior posted:

-------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,
quote:
The longer the bullet the longer it takes to tumble in target; Because the for the longer bullet has a greater axial moment of inertia for the same transvesre moment of inertia
Shame you are confused again. The quote is 100% correct in what it has found. A longer FMJ bullet will take longer to tumble in-target than a shorter FMJ. This is due to the form. Read my reply to Alf - This quote pertains to m-i-l-i-t-a-r-y style f-u-l-l m-e-t-a-l j-a-c-k-e-t bullets. They behave differently in-target compared to typical softs and FN solids. We do not use FMJ bullets for hunting. Maybe you do, we don't. It is obvious you have forgotten your post where you said, regarding the same information that Alf posted:
quote:
Alf,

Your reply was obviously here in response to military bullets and it makes sense. Military bullets here refer to FMJ lead-core bullets that does not open up on flesh shooting humans, and also for long monolithics where the twist is too slow.

However, in a hunting context shooting game, the longer bullet that expands, making it shorter again remains stable and hardly ever flips over.
Talk about contradicting yourself. When you blunder, you blunder big time.

"Flesh shooting humans" animal

quote:
Many moons ago Gregor Woods published an article in Man Magnum, where he made the observation that short stubby bullets tumble more easily in game than longer bullets
Gregor was referring to j-a-c-k-e-t-e-d s-o-f-t-s which react differently in-target to m-o-n-o softs. If Gregor's opinion held true for mono softs, why did you not find this with your "test" below.

quote:
I must say I have never done tests of this sort myself
Ok so the "test" above was also a pack of lies?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rasputin,

You silly ass, the 130 gr Barnes-X bullet refered to is one and the same that I have sited - I just made a typo by typing .284 instead of .277 (270 Win). So there is no lie; you are clutching at straw again.

Sure Gregor Woods has referred to jacketed Softs and not monos, due to uneven expansion and whilst having a short shank increasing the likelihood to tumble. So your sighting of my Barnes-X bullet test still stand as originally published, as they expand evenly and symetrically, unlike your HV bullet, which I have also proven. Look again, petals are not the same size, and its 4th petal if we can call it that, is a tiny little thingy sticking out showing the uneven expansion:

Had the striking velocity of the HV bullet been higher with the Blesbuck, it would sure have lost its petals whilst no bone was encountered. Bullets do tumble earlier when expansion is erratic or uneven or when they lose one petal, and it then stands to reason that it would tilt and it could go off course.

Nothing new what you said, just dribble and foam at your mouth, and I don't get your point.
middlefinger

Warrior

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pontificus Erroneus,
quote:
I just made a typo by typing .284 instead of .277
Yeah, right. Very convenient, until you were called on it and had to make a hasty excuse. Your attention to detail is abysmally poor but it is excpected by now. Example: You compare two samples-of-one for result and, between the two samples there are differences in:

Caliber
Muzzle Velocity
Sectional Density
Ballistic Coefficient
Stability factor
Mo/Xsa
Distance to impact
Impact medium
Probably more that are too tedious to list.

The similarities are:
The two samples were fired in the same country.
They were fired from rifles.
You say both were fired by men, but we are not sure of that. (There is a picture of only one of the men.)

Somehow you then draw conclusions from these results. How you do this is unknown but could probably include either left or right thumb, a broken crystal ball and a black book and candles. Alf would call this a completely broken level 5 example. You do value Alf's opinion, yes?

quote:
So your sighting(sic) of my Barnes-X bullet test still stand(sic) as originally published, as they expand evenly and symetrically, unlike your HV bullet, which I have also proven
If you think that all mono copper bullets always expand perfectly symmetrically, I suggest you shoot some more. Get out of that lazyboy/recliner and get some first hand experience instead of reading the ads and the opinions of others. This is the problem when you rely on a sample of one. When more samples are examined, a truer picture emerges, like these that were reported here on AR.

quote:
Had the striking velocity of the HV bullet been higher with the Blesbuck, it would sure have lost its petals whilst no bone was encountered.
And this is a disadvantage in your mind? This is exactly what it was designed to do and introduces a level of reliability that is very good to have. You still subscribe to the myth of full weight retention, do you? I have noticed this often with new customers and, once they experience how HV bullets work, they see the value of a different system. This begs the question: Which would you prefer, a bullet that assures expansion under all conditions, and does not need to hit bone to do what it was designed to do, or one that may or may not expand, but is said to always retain 100% weight, but does not? I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

You value Alf's opinion, right?

Here are some pretty pictures of HV mushrooms and cylinders for you. Proof that expansion with HV bullets is assured from even the lowest impact speeds and under all conditions. Use them as we recommend and the result is assured - like the blesbuck you say you shot.

quote:
Bullets do tumble earlier when expansion is erratic or uneven or when they lose one petal, and it then stands to reason that it would tilt and it could go off course.
If that were true, only ten percent of the 72 bullets in the first picture set above would have worked as they should and that is far from what happened. This is what you think will happen but of course you do not really know, because you have not experienced what actually happens. As usual, you are wrong. You are racking up the lies and the mistakes almost faster than what one can keep track of them.

quote:
and I don't get your point.
This is true, it happens frequently.

Shall I list the lies and unanswered questions thus far, the ones where you have painted yourself into a variety of corners, or just the new ones?

Lie:
quote:
I will publish the bullet later when I have chance to photograph it.
quote:
I did not take the pictures and nor was my camera used.

-----------
Mistakes:
quote:
Many moons ago Gregor Woods published an article in Man Magnum, where he made the observation that short stubby bullets tumble more easily in game than longer bullets This seems to be in-line with the above statement.(Which refers to full metal jacket mil ball.)
quote:
Sure Gregor Woods has referred to jacketed Softs and not monos
Was this also just another typo? More likely you were just confused and did not notice that Alf was talking mil ball, Gregor was talking JSP and the discussion was mono.
-----------
.277 instead of .284 - What a laugh.
-----------

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,

quote:
The above should dumb it down for Rasputin, I think, but remain unconvinced, as Rasputin should always mesmerize his audience otherwise he is not true to himself.
Let's see now. You lie, make "typos" to suit your argument of the day, fail to answer simple questions, quote irrelevant examples, present arguments from others that you do not understand, have a woefully inadequate knowledge of the subjects you pontificate about, become confused about who has posted what and the best you can do is retort with insults, devoid of fact. That about sums it up, I think.

quote:
And I have made a similar point recently with regard to the fitting of a 9"-twist, instead of the standard 14"-twist to a 9,3x62 mm. Going to a 12"-twist is still fine, but going over board to a 9"-twist is pulling the dam underneath the duck imo.
Very enlightening and a good example of the opinions you hold. You obviously have information that is more complete than that of CZ, who have been building rifles from before you were born. You should write to them and explain to them why they are doing such stupid things. You shoud keep it simple so that they can follow and understand what you are saying.

"pulling the dam underneath the duck" animal

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,

You give an excellent example of how you start a scrap with derogatory remarks about GSC, contradicting yourself and with the sole aim of evoking a response. Then you maintain the innocent face and state that you are never the aggressor. You do not take me on here in this thread, but posture in several threads on the forum instead. This is what a Troll does. Your aim is exposure, an agenda of slander against GSC, conflict and argument for the sake of argument. It is not discussion and dissemination of information.
quote:
Gerard, alias Rasputin, is not going to like this,
There are hordes of one man bullet making operations. All believe and make the claim that their bullet is best, otherwise they would not be making them. Why should I not like what is being said? GSC takes note of what happens in the world of bullet manufacturing and note many incorrect facts and blatant untruths, but it is not our business to interfere. It is up to the parties mentioned and involved to be responsible for what they do. For example, if someone is acredited with a grossly incorrect qualification, one would expect that person to see to it that such a matter is corrected. Failure to do so is dishonest.

quote:
and I suspect he will defend this even in his after-life, by explaining that a Solid should actually expand, as it makes it more reliable,
As is usual, you have read something somewhere but the comprehension is lacking.

quote:
and this reliability comes from his own observations
Do you read the rubbish you write? Reliability comes from the properties of a product, not from the observation of how the product performs. Somewhere a village.......

quote:
observations as to how the game fall, and that it is so obvious if you see 50 fall this way, and another 50 fall that way.
The number of 100 is an under estimate of course but, by your own admission, 99 more than that on which you base an opinion. How does that make your observation and deduction more valid than mine? You have proven yourself incapable of attention to detail, short on theory and experience, prone to "typos", incapable of learning and a liar.

Your opinion carries no value with those who have been exposed to your drivel, I only take you on because of those who are new here and the fact that your agenda includes imaginary problems with and slander of GSC. New members are sometimes taken in by your occasional bouts of apparent lucidity. There are numerous manufacturers in the shooting world with some very real problems, but you remain silent about them and even condone what some of them do. You are like a sheet of glass.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Pontificus Erroneus,
quote:
With this confession then, we can only conclude that is has to be the posession of pchycic abilities of a clairvoiant that is part and parcel of the make-up similar to the Russian Rasputin. We have have been told right here on AR how clear it should be if you see 50 animals fall this way, and another 50 animals fall that way.
Let us assume that you go out and shoot at 50 animals with reloaded ammunition loaded with spit ball bullets. Unless you poke the muzzle up their noses and use the muzzle blast to kill them, I am going to put money on it that they will all run away. Now let us assume that you grow some brains (strange concept, I know) and load another 50 rounds with real bullets. When you shoot at another 50 animals, most will bleed and some will fall over. Your comment leads me to believe you would then not be able to conclude that the use of spit ball bullets is inferior to using real bullets. I knew that your attention to detail and deductive reasoning circuits were not connected when you were issued but I did not realise that the situation is that bad.

quote:
Now before rasputin denies again that he said so
Another lie. Show me where I have done this before. Truly you are racking up lies with every post.
diggin

quote:
If I may say something ... it is just a pack of lies and utter conjecture present in your own mind, and you believe youreself this to be true.
Says Mr. Sampleofone.
animal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pontificus Erroneus,
I could spend a lot of time to answer your questions but what would be the point? Recently I tried nine times in succession to discuss something with you but you only replied with insults and sidesteps. Why would I believe it would be different now? In any case, all the questions you ask have been addressed. I am not going to repeat the answers as repetition is your domain and style of "debate".

There are a string of questions you have failed to answer so why should I give you the time of day? You have told blatant lies, never correct mistakes, unless they are so crass you have no option, and you are a pissant amateur who does not know that he does not know. You are a poseur and a troll. Take a hike and go harrass someone else, Mr. Wannabe Professional Hunter.

Regarding Alf's question: I answered it directly in the post below his. I guess you did not understand that either. However, I will use it as an example of how you operate, always pretending to understand what is being discussed. Alf talks way over the heads of most members of this forum. (No offense meant, Alf. But you must admit this is so.) So, if you put Alf's questions in laymans English, so that the majority of members here can understand the questions, that will serve two purposes: More members will benefit from the exchange and you will show that you understand the questions and not pretend.....

I will not hold my breath waiting.
diggin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
For example, if someone is acredited with a grossly incorrect qualification, one would expect that person to see to it that such a matter is corrected. Failure to do so is dishonest.

Rasputin,

I have nothing to do with this website and I am surprised that my name got mentioned, let alone that it refers to me being a PH. I have written to them in this regard to remove my name and the assumption made that I am a PH, as I am not !!!

I do not understand German, except for a few words, so I do not even know what they say here. I assume this is your good friend Lutz in Germany that visited you and copied your idea, right? 2 of my friends that I am hunting with are in fact professional hunters.

So their is no dishonesty on my part.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Warrior

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you read the rubbish you write? Reliability comes from the properties of a product, not from the observation of how the product performs.

Rasputin,

Wow, you can talk such utter rubbish, and then you twist your own garbage so it looks like I talk rubbish by throwing it over a language barrel. It just does not work. Now let us just explore this rubbish a bit further, this is what you said ...

On 3/11/2008 you wrote: "Entry level spec for our FN solids is a S/F of 2. Depending on speed and meplat area, some are pegged at more than 2.5 (to start with). The difference in reliability of linear penetration and depth, from S/F 2 to S/F 3 is very noticable. Only when S/F numbers exceed 3.5 to 4, is there no longer much observed difference in linearity and depth."

Then later in a reply to defend your position you said: "The simple fact is that when 50 animals are shot with a bullet with a certain set of attributes and another 50 are shot with something else, the difference in fall down result is easy to observe by counting on the fingers of one hand."

All along we see this thing about "is very noticeable", "observed difference", "difference in fall down result" and " easy to observe". and what then naturally follows is that you observe the reliability of your product, based on its propertties. Yes?... No? Should be yes, otherwise it is moot and no difference appreciable.

I still find it astonishing that you believe there could be a difference between a 9,3 FN bullet and a 9.5 mm FN bullet (.375") for reliable straight-line penetration - having an absolute minimum of SF = 2 and SF = 2.5 respectively for these two bullets. But is does not end here - if there is a fundamental logic to it, then it should flow through to the next caliber up, say the 10.56 mm bullet (.416"), the logic cannot just abruptly end by the 375 H&H in terms of a minimum required SF.

Again how were these break-points discovered .... by observation, by calculation, by inference or by guestimate?
Was it all by shooting game and then observe the fall down result?
Was this fall down result purely attributable due to different levels of SF?
As SF values increase down range did you do a back-calculation to bring the SF values back to the muzzle position?

This needs clarification ..... does the .375 bullet need a higher SF than the 9,3 bullet because it has a bigger MEPLAT AREA and a higher VELOCITY? What happens when only the meplat area differs, and we down load the 375 H&H to 9,3 velocites (say to 2,350 fps)? We do know that velocity play such a minute role in the SF caculation in the middle band of standard operating velocities, not so?

Warrior

One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Why don't you two take it off line. Honestly, nobody gives a shit.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:
Why don't you two take it off line. Honestly, nobody gives a shit.

+1 !!!

That's the truest thing that's been posted in this whole thread.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At the head of my first post I gave the warning:
---------------------
This thread contains replies to Warrior/Truvelloshooter/Chris Bekker. If this does not interest you, please close the thread and move on. You are right, it is junk and not worth wasting time on. I do not want to clutter the threads of others with his rubbish and my replies so:- Warrior is invited here, to say to me what he wants to say, instead of messing up other worthwhile threads.

If it were not for the fact that he chooses to target myself and GSC products directly, I would not reply to his posts. This is evidenced by the fact that I only engage him on the forum when he addresses me or GSC directly.
----------------------

To that I now ad and ask Tembo and Gatogordo: If communicating by email is not an option and Warrior refuses to take this to PM (he likes basking in the public light) how would you react to his ongoing slander, attacks, lies and bad information about our products? Give me a solution that works and I will take it up in a heartbeat. Ignoring him does not work because he escalates his misinformation to a level where showing him up for the buffoon that he is, is the lesser of two evils. When pushed, he has confessed to strong ties to another manufacturer. So, tell me what the solution is because I have tried ignoring him (he just continues lying and presenting bad information about GSC), reasonable discussion (he refuses to take part), taking it offline (he refuses because his agenda is public slander) and ridicule (but he does not follow and comprehend it). So what do you see as a solution?

I repeat the point: The Political Forum does not interest me, so I do not go there and leave comment. I have no interest in where the best BBQ joint in Texas is, so I do not comment or read the thread. However, it does not bother me in the least if you have those interests and like the discussion.

I know that my replies to Warrior are seen in a bad light by many and, in that respect, Warrior is succeeding in his agenda of damage to GSC and our products. Regrettably, it is the lesser of two evils because leaving him unchecked does more damage. Besides, I am not a wuss and will not be insulted by anyone, least of all by Warrior.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerard:

Apparently you make a good product, but you're doing yourself and your bullets no good on this thread. As a matter of fact, you're acting like a nut, whether you are or you're not. If you think you're helping yourself or GS bullets, you need to think again.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo,
I hear you and it is regrettable that I have to spend time on rubbish like replies to Warrior but, what do you propose as a solution? If someone persists in slandering you and your product, how do you solve the problem.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerard:

You state your case once, and let the quality of your product and your customers make the case for you, not going back and forth like two teen agers in a shoving match in the school yard. He will get less attention if you ignore him than by your giving him "airspace" and you will appear more business like IMO. Wishing you the best.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatogordo,
Thank you but ignore is not an option. Been there done that several times. He will follow me around AR posting his "problems" until I start getting email asking why I allow such lies to continue.

Until someone comes up with a better solution, pointing out his lies, mistakes, "typos" and poor knowledge of the subject seems the lesser of two evils.

Users of our products are reluctant to oppose his point of view because, as with Hot Core now, Warrior goes into full attack mode when he senses opposition. I cannot expect customers to expose themselves to such boorishness and, where they have become involved, I asked them to back off.

Thank you for your concern.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Warrior's two posts of 6 July above refers.

Pontificus Erroneus,

quote:
Warrior: I have nothing to do with this website...I do not understand German, except for a few words, I assume this is your good friend Lutz in Germany

quote:
From the home page of the website Warrior mentions: Schweizer Zuverlässigkeit Made in Switzerland SWISS SOLID Gian-Marchet®
Comprehension, Attention to detail, Geography, understands English
quote:
You ask: On 3/11/2008 you wrote:....

These are the identical questions you have been asking since 2005. I have given the answers numerous times and in the most recent attempt at educating you, you declined to take part and discuss the issues you ask about, despite the fact that I asked 9 or 10 times. You elected not to reply, slung insults and avoided discussion. You blew it again despite the chance you had and now I will continue to show you up for the poseur that you are. Get used to it or get lost.

Now it is summary time. You continually ignore my questions and sidestep the points I raise by raising smokescreens with "new" old issues and questions. It is time to close off some old matters. The first one is:

You have stated on several occasions that it is my position that stability factor is important for stable penetration once the bullet is in-target. Where did I say that?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pity that I have to open up this thread again, I apologise to the forum but Warrior is going on about the same old stuff that he ranted about 6 months ago. In fact, if you scroll up a little, you will see that he is asking the same questions now that he asked in the first half of 2009. Same old same old rubbish. Same old agenda and it happens just ahead of the SA hunting season every year. Don't forget, he has ties with competitors in our market.

His ramblings start about halfway down this page.

Pontificus E,
quote:
I wish to add one more perception on FN bullets that is promotional hype,
A dishonest answer or statement requires no reply, other than to point out the dishonesty.

You "quote" from our HV bullets page when the discussion is about FN solids.

The fact that you are dishonest and add to the quote thereby changing it from the original, and then make false claims on our behalf, is what we have come to expect from you.

You remain a lying, dishonest troll with an agenda. But, just in case you have not noticed, quoting from the HV page in the context of FN bullets makes you look doubly stupid. HV bullets are h-i-g-h v-e-l-o-c-i-t-y, e-x-p-a-n-d-i-n-g bullets. FN Bullets are l-o-w-e-r s-p-e-e-d, s-o-l-i-d bullets.

You first asked these questions I think about seven years ago and, despite the zero failure rate of our FN range and the excellent reliability rate of the HV range (arguably the best in the industry), you are still asking them today. You should be asking what it is that we know that you have missed all these years, but you are clearly too stupid.

These two posts from Pontificus E applies, they are repeated below because he has been known to change posts when he paints himself into a corner.
Posted 06 February 2010 by Warrior:
quote:
Always side-tracking from the real issues to create smoke, hey? Your speciality. You have explained nothing so far. We are dying to hear your elequent explanation to the issues I have raised - the down-scalling of the SF requirement based on empirical evidence, the incorporation of shooting the same bullet in a faster caliber and thereby raising the SF requirement, making these bullets so short that they can operate under a SF value of 2.0, etc. And what is more, how all these myriad of variables were taken account off in your experiment on live animals all by the naked eye.
28 May 2009 I opened this thread with a couple of statements. Here is the second one:

"2. Warrior says that I have stated that I am able to observe yaw angles, stability factors, bullet cant and tractibility "with the naked eye under hunting conditions". This is a lie and a figment of his imagination. He has repeated this absurd statement several times despite being told he is lying."

Posted 06 February by Warrior:
quote:
So you attribute those bend solids from another manufacturer to SF values, eh? Interesting to see your reasoning.

By the same token how do we make then sense of this one ...

"Posted 25 September 2005 04:03 25 September 2005 04:03

I just completed my Alaska Peninsula moose season and had a hunter who borrowed my my .375 H&H loaded with 270 gr GS flat nosed solids at a chronoed 2600fps. Both bulles remained in the moose from broadside shots thru both shoulders. One was slightly bent and the other only shows a bit of widening at the nose. It was good but not spectacular performance. .... Phil Shoemaker"

Was this an SF issue or could it just be that it is something else considering its most ideal SF rating? Wink
Yes, those "bend solids from another manufacturer" tumbled and that caused them to bend 45 degrees and break. Phil's two 375H&H FN bullets did not tumble. The deformation was from normal penetrative stresses and penetration was linear. The stability factor was high enough to set the bullets up for linear penetration. There is a big difference between a slight bend during penetration and a 45 degree bend from tumbling. I would not expect you to follow this logic, you are too stupid.

You have stated on several occasions that it is my position that stability factor is important for stable penetration once the bullet is in-target.

Where did I say that?

Or was that another lie?

Show the quote, liar.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread is relevant.
Warrior's posts are repeated below with replies in red inserted appropriately.

Warrior Posted 06 February 2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
That weird school you went to that taught you to write but not read has come back to bite you, big time.

Here is the page for the 375270FN. Now let me teach you how to read it. 375H&H rifles were made in two twist rates: One in 14" and one in 12". See the little chart above the bullet illustration? Look at the line of the graph that runs from 14 to 12 on the horisontal axis. At 14 it is a fraction over 2.5 on the vertical axis (left) and at 12 it is almost at 3.5.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rasputin,

You are still not making any sense with your double talk, no matter how you want to obscure the real issues of this debate.
What are the real issues? You say I said something and then that I said something different regarding the same issue. I prove that you are lieing and you repeat your allegation. Do you want me to repeat that you are lieing? OK, you are lieing again.

1. Please note, just above the graph of the .375" 270gr FN you say ... "S/F greater than 2.0 is required. A S/F of 2.5 is desirable for faster calibers. There is no upper limit to the S/F here." It says that on all the FN Tech Data pages. Those are the instructions you are supposed to follow when selecting a bullet according to the chart below it. You need to read to the bottom of the page but you have this reading problem, I know.

2. Now this is what you said before ... "With FN bullets we recommend a stability factor in EXCESS of 2.5 for reliable linear penetration. The 300gr FN has a stability factor of 2.39 to 2.44 from 2000fps to 3000fps. Again not ideal." Can you actually see the double talk? No I can not. This is in the context of FN bullets for the 375H&H and it is exactly what I have said all along. SF more than 2.5 for the 375H&H. Where is the double talk? The little voices in your head maybe?

3. When shown that your 9,3 mm bullet penetrated straight at SF = 2.04, you quickly back-peddled by saying hat that was only for the 9,3 and not for the .375 H&H due to velocity differentials and increased stagnation pressure. The back pedalling is in your mind because you do not read and comprehend. You asked because you missed the bit about slower calibers being OK down to SF 2.0. Since then you have been gargling on about the reduced stagnation pressure as though you understand what it means. Reality says you have not the foggiest clue.

Now you say that a SF of 2.0 is also OK for the 375 H&H. Where did I say that? Show the quote, liar.

What has changed in the meantime, incorrect interpretation of the first obesrvations or new observations since then? Nothing has changed, least of all your agenda, your stupidity and your lack of comprehension

4. I am bewilderd at your logic that when a 378 Wby Mag is engaged (with higher velovity) over a .375 H&H, the SF must go up, Where did I say that? Show the quote, liar.

but when we bing the .375 H&H down to the same SF value of 2.0 for the 9,3 x 62 mmm the velocity differential is of no significance, eh? Where did I say that? Show the quote, liar.

Your incoherent and non-sensical attempt to explain velocity jumps from a 9,3x62 to a .375 H&H and then to a .378 Wby Mag as to how different SF values are needed does not make your theory anymore plausible or does it? The only incoherent one here is you. You built this statement on the preceding pack of presumptive lies. Show the quote where I attempted to explain "velocity jumps", liar.

Perhaps you are right Gerard, but it is just that you cannot find the words to explain it - it seems we are opposites, eh? You can's write and I can't read. Oh I "can's" write but you can't read. Opposites we are indeed, liar.

But to bamboozle, a virtue of yours, is not finding the spot. Alf has offered Munks's formula as the best possible explanation that we have, but throwing Munk at you is like throwing electrons at a negatively charged plate - it will never connect. When did you first become aware of Munk? What does Munk have to do with this discussion?

Back to this statement that is being propagated .... "It has been proven that a high velocity flat fronted cylinder (FN bullet) shape will leave a larger primary wound channel than a slower, double caliber mushroom." I did not make that statement. You lifted it off our HV bullets page, added to it dishonestly and now you quote it out of context. You are dishonest and a liar.

It is important that we get to the bottom of this, my opinion is that it is a lie .... promtional hype. The only liar here is you, proven without doubt.

Here are some pictures to illustrate ...

1. A .510/540 gr GS FN Solid going through the heart:
"The bullet went in behind the ribs on the right hand side, through the rumen, spleen, liver and right through the centre of the heart, before exiting the far shoulder." This is the caption to the photo. It is proof that the 540gr .510 caliber FN bullet, with a stability factor way above 2.5, penetrated straight and deep.

2. A.375/380 gr Rhino Soft expanding going through the heart of a buffalo shot by Doctari:
This photo raises several questions. Doctari has said that he has never seen this bullet exit on a broadside shot. It then raises the question: Can one take a straight going away shot with it or must one remain limited to broadside or frontal short penetration depth shots? The large wound channel could be caused by a couple of things. The bullet could have expanded to a diameter of about 3 inches or it could have tumbled. Only the recovered bullet will tell the tale. I would not be surprised if it were "lost in the skinning" process.

Solids by their very design is to penetrate deeper by virtue of a smaller wetted surface, as opposed to a CEB's to open up and have a bigger frontal wetted surface. Thereby inhibiting penetration? Ganyana said that an FN solves a dilemma for him. The dilemma of whether to use a soft or a solid. His reason was that the FN penetrates more like a solid while leaving a wound channel more like a soft. Go argue with Ganyana now.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
we debate the principle here

Debate? If you mean the process whereby you state a position, I state a position and then we ask each other questions, which are then answered respectively, you fail miserably because you never answer questions. Just scroll up to see the string of questions I asked that you cannot answer.