THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Here's What You Do If You Think You Have Covid

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's What You Do If You Think You Have Covid Login/Join 
one of us
posted
If you have symptoms and you also have 2-Vaccine shots and 4-Boosters - Take a home Covid test, and if it's Positive, spend about a week by yourself. Maybe you need nothing else.

If you have symptoms and less then 2V + 4Bs get ready for perhaps a rough ride. Just got back from the ER with my wife. She had 2+3, but not a booster within the last nine months. Her symptoms were brutal; sore throat, heavy cough, terrible headaches, and general weakness.

The treatment prescribed by the ER was Moinupiravir (Lagevrio), the same recommended by CDC & Medicare, plus something for the cough, and another for nausea.

I'm the other lab rat, the one that got his 4th Booster ten days before getting exposed to Covid. I've had mild symptoms, and taken nothing special for it other than over-the-counter Mucinex.

Here's the nice part, the cost for my wife's ER visit - Medicare with no co-pay.

Our total cost of the three prescriptions - $18.58 on Medicare / Supplemental.

At the cost of being a little political. Why would I be interested in anyone doing away with Medicare?

The take-away from the above is, act fast. All oral treatments for Covid must be started within five days of the appearance of the symptoms. The way they described it was that the treatments don't cure Covid, but it inhibits its ability to replicate itself.

Good luck

Posts: 13773 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote