Find
Notify
Tools

It's a strange feeling .... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted
Hello friends,

It is a strange feeling. My father has become this January 65th. He is also not as healthy. And so we, my mother, my brother and me, were all really happy, that he decided to quit his business at end of 2014. You knew this day would come so. Now the property in that my father has his gun shop, was sold and he will terminated at the end of 2014. But now there is a strange feeling. All my life I have spent in his workshop, his shooting range. 25 years. It´s as if a part of me die. Strange...... Now I'm a bit sad to have not yet learned gunsmith.
An era is coming to an end. My father learned after a car electrician apprenticeship, gunsmith, produced Krieghoff K32 for the United States. Also a gun for Henry Kissinger to have been there.(?) Received his masters in 1982, was four years chief mastergunsmith at the Bavarian police. And now over 20 years gunsmith, with his own shop and shooting range. An eventful life. I'm so proud of him and feel fortunate to be his son ......

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have a fine father and family. Be grateful that you have had the pleasure of his knowledge and company for so long. May he enjoy his many retirement years along with his family.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Martin I hope that your father enjoys his retirement. He has earned it.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote