THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Military Leadership Diversity Commission Recommendation

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Leadership Diversity Commission Recommendation Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The above mentioned commission has recommended this week that women be allowed to servce in all levels of ground/infantry combat. I have sent an email to my congressman, one of my senators and will send one to the Commandant of USMC. Google the website for this commission. Go to the make up of the commission and actually read who these people are. Read what their qualifications are. One for instance is a member of the Rand Corporation?? WTF, have any of these folks ever experienced being in a ground combat unit. I will not miss-represent myself by saying I have, as I haven't. But after working in all male environments and being a student of history I think this is a giant mistake. Let me toss a couple questions out for you guys to respond to:
(1) Would you want a 120 pound person be responsible for putting you in a firemans carry and packing your wounded butt a quarter mile to a medevac chopper? Seconds count, minutes kill.
(2) Can a female, or most females load 80 lb artillery shells in an "Arty Unit"?
(3) As an ex-wrestler I can safely say, most women would not have a chance in a physical struggle in trench warfare, hand-to-hand combat in an Iraqi apartment building, or a bayonet attack. Big and fast usually beats small and fast. I'm not a big guy but I understand and respect that concept completely.
If you agree with me, and you may not, I ask you contact your senators, congressperson and anyone who can assist in defeating this travesty.
Also, remember this concept. If this is legitimized and at some point we have to implement the draft in the future, women will be drafted the same as men. If this country of 310 million people needs my two daughters to save it's butt, we got serious problems. If my son has to go, so be it, but not my daughters.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...and think about what the enemy might do to to female who is captured alive. Not a pleasant thought.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They wanted equal rights.
With the benefits goes the responsibilities.

All your daughters have to do to get out of active duty on a front line unit is what Ted Nugent did 40 years ago.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think if they implement a draft in a few years to deal with a nightmare in China, Russia, Europe or elsewhere. If women are authorized to fight on the front line infantry combat then they could automatically be sent straight into line companies. What a cluster %#@*&!
The Israelis got away from it due to a variety of problems. I think the politically correct crap has gone way too far.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Israeli women have balls! Do not screw with the Sabra's. They know they are fighting for survival of their country, and religious faith; not to prove Gloria Steinem was right.

Every requirement of body strength and endurance in the military curriculum has to be relaxed for women to be able to pass.

Rich
G Co, 75th Inf Abn
The US Army Ranger Companies

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
quote:
They wanted equal rights.
With the benefits goes the responsibilities

If they want equal rights, then they should be held to the same standards and same training as their male counterparts.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote