Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay has changed its rules again Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I have noticed some gun parts, (barrels magazines choke tubes etc) being sold on Ebay that was banned for years, I watched then thinking they would terminated them but low and behold they went through so I checked and they are allowing some but not all items back on again, HMMMM makes you think what is going on

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of N51lDr1v3r
posted Hide Post
They relaxed the rules about 2 years back, surprised none of you guys have found the "gun parts" section. here is a link.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Gun-Pa...rksid=p3286.c0.m1538

Hand loads...... Never settle for OEM

Posts: 80 | Location: Sin City | Registered: 18 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I go to ebay, "gun parts" every day...Just the last week or so barrels and cylinders started showing up...It's in compliance "NOW" but it wasn't then....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O^O

Posts: 512 | Location: Palmetto State | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I saw that remy 308 takeoff up for auction. I was SURE they would pull it BUT THEY DIDN't! Now if they would only allow brass & bullets again in the reloading section.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
In tough times even the self-anointed purest of the pure can be bought.

Its really simple, I suspect. Times are tough and eBay wants it both ways...they don't want to appear hypocrits (which I think they are), yet they want the business we shooters represent.

Now they need us instead of us needing them. So I still no longer buy or sell there. I won't, either, until they go back to allowing ALL legal gun-related items, including the guns themselves.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So what comes to mind.
They showed their true colors. They will not get any of my $ ever again if I can help it.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just check the "Moral Values & Standards For Sale" section on flea bay.
There are too many other places to sell and buy to emulate their lack of character.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
In tough times even the self-anointed purest of the pure can be bought.

Its really simple, I suspect. Times are tough and eBay wants it both ways...they don't want to appear hypocrits (which I think they are), yet they want the business we shooters represent.

Now they need us instead of us needing them. So I still no longer buy or sell there. I won't, either, until they go back to allowing ALL legal gun-related items, including the guns themselves.

I suspect that it is coming, so I wouldn't be dogmatic about this. I was talking to an old friend in the US the other day and he told me, to my considerable surprise, that the attitudes towards firearms and firearms regulations had vastly changed in almost all States from the negative approach when I was last there.

When you consider how very many people, including women, own guns, it should be no surprise. I think that eBay is perhaps slow in responding, but that it will do so, even to the point of allowing weapon sales. After all, there now are many competitors who do so and manage to avoid problems with such sales just fine.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What about when you could find all kinds of reloading components on there?.....Oh yeah, some A-HOLE said he bought stuff on ebay before going on a shooting rampage. Damn, more rules sure would have prevented that. yeah right

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I remember the early days of ebay when they allowed firearms sales. There were some great bargains, before everyone became aware of the online auction sites. Glad to hear they have relaxed their rules.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
They screwed me over too many times years ago. My ass is still sore so I have not forgotten yet. Most likely I won't be forgeting any time soon either.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1245 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never used E-Bay and have no current need to now either. People or businesses that change their values to suite their current financial situation get even less respect from me.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
As an aside, I just received my check from a class action lawsuite against ebay for jacking us sellers on fees. They sent my a whoppin $.01. Thats right a penny. I'm going to take it to the bank later this week and cash it. I figure it will cost them more in bookeeping than what they sent me.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1245 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brain1,

I forgot about that, mine was $0.02. Tore it up, not going to give them the satisfaction of writing me off that easily.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
As an aside, I just received my check from a class action lawsuite against ebay for jacking us sellers on fees. They sent my a whoppin $.01. Thats right a penny. I'm going to take it to the bank later this week and cash it. I figure it will cost them more in bookeeping than what they sent me.

Well, I got my payoff as well. I did better than you; 53 cents as I recall.

This class action stuff is somewhat of a joke. I guess it does punish the company somewhat but the BIG winners are the attorneys who in a big case will get hundreds of thousands in fees. The rest is doled out among thousands of those wronged.

I used to do quite a bit of business on eBay. In fact, for a time I was a "Power Seller." I still buy and sell there on occasion and have gotten some smoking deals there but since the time they forbade selling of gun barrels there and then required the use of PayPal I frequented that web site much less frequently.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, I think I got about .63 from them also.

We hit it big..................

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
...This class action stuff is somewhat of a joke. I guess it does punish the company somewhat but the BIG winners are the attorneys who in a big case will get hundreds of thousands in fees. The rest is doled out among thousands of those wronged.

that's what I was taught in law school. class actions are about the expensive legal losses to the wrongdoers, and the attorneys get most of the money. they are expensive to prosecute, requiring up-front investments of time and resources. if it could be done for less $$, it would be done for less $$. they are expensive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An "insider" at Ebay told me that when they shut off the Gun Parts, they lost 114,000 auctions.
Not to worry though, they have neow banned the sale of ANY riflescopes outside the USA,
"California values".

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Never used E-Bay and have no current need to now either. People or businesses that change their values to suite their current financial situation get even less respect from me.

Well said, I agree!

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45-70 shooter:
An "insider" at Ebay told me that when they shut off the Gun Parts, they lost 114,000 auctions.
Not to worry though, they have neow banned the sale of ANY riflescopes outside the USA,
"California values".

In addition, they probably lost a bunch of potential buyers of other things on eBay.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
They took my 50 caliber U.S. Goverment issue flash hider off yesterday. Damn EVIL device that is! Maby I'll relist it as a penis stretcher & then slumbay will allow it for sure.

BTW... does anyone know what this FH fits?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they have neow banned the sale of ANY riflescopes outside the USA,

I believe that restriction is a U.S Gov'mnt ban...I can't quote the reg., but I'm sure someone else knows where to find it...
JIM.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O^O

Posts: 512 | Location: Palmetto State | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just shopping for a new scope and Optics Planet had notices about export restrictions on scopes. I didn't bother to read the details.

If you don't do business with companies that have restricted their firearms sales over the years you should avoid, to name a few off the top of my head. Sears, K-mart, J.C. Penny's, Walmart, Ace Hardware, True Value, LL Bean. I'm sure there are many more.

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ohiosam:
I was just shopping for a new scope and Optics Planet had notices about export restrictions on scopes. I didn't bother to read the details.

Of course not, that would make sense.

If you don't do business with companies that have restricted their firearms sales over the years you should avoid, to name a few off the top of my head. Sears, K-mart, J.C. Penny's, Walmart, Ace Hardware, True Value, LL Bean. I'm sure there are many more.

I believe that it's the LAW not just the retailer's choice. Read this and you'll see why a reatiler wouldn't want to export ANY scopes. Sadly, not worth the liability. http://www.exportlawblog.com/archives/520

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:

What's the matter with you, Doug, don't you you know a champagne corker when you see one?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:

What's the matter with you, Doug, don't you you know a champagne corker when you see one?

ROFLMAO! Big Grin tu2 Maybe I'll list it as one of those. Those idiots at scumbay won't know any different!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They may allow gunparts but when 99% of sellers require payment through paypal... your hosed either way. If you agree to paypal gun parts are listed between sexual deviants and drug users. Read your agreement sometime.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The FEDERAL export ban only applies to OAS countries and designated terrorist nations.
Ebay just made it 100%.
You can still sell scopes (as an individual not a business) to France, Germany, England, Australia etc as long as you don't want to do it on Ebay.

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45-70 shooter:
The FEDERAL export ban only applies to OAS countries and designated terrorist nations.
Ebay just made it 100%.
You can still sell scopes (as an individual not a business) to France, Germany, England, Australia etc as long as you don't want to do it on Ebay.

You are mistaken.
Exporting scopes, rings & bases to ANYWHERE outside the US requires an export licence from the State Department.
Midway USA were hit with a $200,000+ fine for selling the above items to customers in Canada.
I have an email somewhere from the relevant authority with reference to buying a scope in the US & bringing it back to the UK: I need an export licence for one, even if the same scope is openly for sale here in the UK (at more than double the price...).

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I am 100% correct as I have spent 100s of hours on the phone with the Commerce Department, State Department and Homeland Security. A CORPORATION (like Midway) is required to have an export license. An individual may export a scope to countries not in the OAS (Commerce Dept Regs) or on the terrorist nation list (State Department). Rings and bases are not restricted at all. Ebay even allows their sale everywhere.
Insofar as your "buy in the USA take to UK" example. No idea what your passport says but if you are a UK citizen, you would have to pay duty as I would for items, in excess of the free exemption, bought in the UK and brought back here. Can't imagine why you would need a scope in the UK as you have no guns worth mentioning and no hunting except for the rich. Of course it's a small price to pay for having no crime at all LOL!

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
You might have spent many hours asking questions but they patently were not the correct ones.
Your ignorance of UK firearms laws & hunting mirrors your ignorance of State Department regulations appertaining to personal export: There is no exclusion clause for individuals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AS I SAID THE STATE DEPARTMENT DOES NOT CONTROL EXPORT OF SPORTING RIFLE RIFLE SCOPES/MOUNTS/RINGS TO NON TERRORIST COUNTRIES.
I really can't be bothered with linking you to all the Commerece and State Dept sites. It took me a long time and much effort to fins them. Suggest you do your own work and stop spouting BS.

Here's hint:
"rifle scopes manufactured to military
specifications. "

I was unaware anyone can buy a riflescope manufactured to military specifications except the government agency letting and accepting the bid.

For example:
" U.S. Department of Defense, June 28, 2011

Schmidt and Bender, Inc., Claremont, N.H., is being awarded a $34,209,500 firm-fixed-price contract for precision sniper rifle dayscope, mounting rings, spares parts, repairs and upgrades. Precision sniper rifle dayscopes will be used by special forces for the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. The precision sniper rifle dayscope consist of several configurations that are required for use on existing and future sniper rifles. The configurations are tailored to the sniper’s training regimen, the weapon system effective range, and the weapon system caliber. The precision sniper rifle dayscope will be used around the world in extreme and adverse conditions including underwater, surf-zone, desert, arctic, jungle and urban environments. Work will be performed in Biebertal, Germany, and is expected to be completed by June 2016. Contract funds in the amount of $29,920 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured and solicited via the Federal Business Opportunities website, with five offers received. Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Ind., is the contracting activity (N00164-11-D-JQ31)."

Neither you or I can buy one that is marked per the contract and meeting the test of "being manufactured to military specifications."

I admit it is a fine point, but trying to say that my used civilian S&B cannot be shipped to my customer in France because it shares many of the features of the mil-spec one is the fast track to some State Dept. weenie finding himself before a Congressional Committee. Or did you miss "Fast and Furious" ?

The more you post unsupported BS, the more foolish you appear. Maybe time to cut your losses ?

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I guess that's why telescopic sights are listed here, WITH NO MENTION OF ANY EXCEPTIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS.
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/....45.0.1.3.87&idno=15
Show me this exception or you are full of **it, as well as arrogant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what you missed:

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/....24.0.1.5.27&idno=15

The ban on shipping scopes is due to the Firearms Convention treaty. You will note that ONLY OAS countries are included. Plus a few terrorist nations.

BTW the teats on the lady in red are setters not pointers and will be in her lap when she is 40.

One wonder just how many people is authority at Commerce you have actually spoken with ?

My count is SEVEN.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack this but did you also see congress passed the bill where anyone who had more than 7 days emergency rations, and waterproofed their ammo was considedered a possible terrorist? There was more to it as well but goes along with this crap. I waterproof all my stuff I hunt with. I dont get it and obviously neither do they. As for Ebay because of their past track record I will never do business with them. So much for their moral high ground. It appears they can be bought just like any of the politicians.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually it is far worse. Anyone Obama says is a terrorist is one and can be detained forever. If they are abroad he can put them on the CIA "kill or capture" list.

Lincoln did it in the Civil War ..... maybe the Kenyan knows something he a'int saying ?????

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I believe your flash hider is for an M2HB. Since the muzzles aren't threaded it needs that adaptor to hold it on. I don't see the split ring in your photo; that goes inside the solid ring.

Posts: 17136 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HUH?

one of us
posted Hide Post
"BTW the teats on the lady in red are setters not pointers and will be in her lap when she is 40."

WELL SAID!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a weird thread....

Posts: 70 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: 18 February 2012Reply With Quote