New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement for Gun Vault Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted
I need to replace a couple of "Gun Vault and Sentry lock boxes After watching a few videos on how easily they can be opened with a bobby pin or even a bic pen.

Any recommendations for single or double pistol storage that do not have tubular locks?

Gun Vault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdptzqoeOmc

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Wonder if there are any with that type of lock where that trick does not work?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As an aside here;I have a bank safe built in 1909 that is good for papers,pistols,etc.Huge beast that weighs a couple of tons.The neat thing on this one is it still has the sodium cyanide ampules installed behind the tumblers.You drill the safe + open it you get hit in the face by cyanide gas.That was outlawed as a kicker on the bill concerning the 1934 GCA.See back then,if a crook commited a crime,what do you do? Kill him of course.We really have progressed,have'nt we?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Sodium Cyanide LOL

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SS,not sure if your LOL was due to your thoughts that criminals should not get the benefit or if you doubt the veracity of my statement. If the latter,if you are ever down here please free to examine the safe.If the former,then I concur.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
As an aside here;I have a bank safe built in 1909 that is good for papers,pistols,etc.Huge beast that weighs a couple of tons.The neat thing on this one is it still has the sodium cyanide ampules installed behind the tumblers.You drill the safe + open it you get hit in the face by cyanide gas.That was outlawed as a kicker on the bill concerning the 1934 GCA.See back then,if a crook commited a crime,what do you do? Kill him of course.We really have progressed,have'nt we?

Are you sure they are cyanide?

A Vault Door Installer I know was telling me that he has had to call bomb disposal for some of the old bank vaults he has worked on or replaced doors on. The reason being is that some of them have old tear gas filled glass vials behind the locks. He explained to me that when certain types of tear gas/riot gas age they can become explosive and being that they are neatly contained in a glass vial surrounded by a metal canister you really don't want to mess with them.

Posts: 2329 | Location: uSA | Registered: 02 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No I am not SURE that they are cyanide + I have no desire to sniff + find out. But as we both mentioned ,in the 1934 GTA the ampules were outlawed + sometimes exchanged with CS (tear gas) + yes my vials are encased behind a steel enclosure. For what it is worth I still find this a fascinating piece of history.Great safe as well,the local safe/lock people gave it a 4 hour burn rate.But then again that was when asbestos was legal + the walls are at least 14" thick. As I said,great for papers + vintage handguns.