Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QUOTE I LIKE...... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war, or before an election." ― Otto von Bismarck

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He could have added, hunt "or a fishing trip", and you have to throw "sex" in there somewhere. Old Otto wasn't too far off the mark though.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
He could have added, hunt "or a fishing trip", and you have to throw "sex" in there somewhere. Old Otto wasn't too far off the mark though.

Hummph, my fishing and fucking stories are all true.....or at least I think so now. Big Grin]

.....or is that fucking fishing stories? Confused

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are all fishermen liars, or all liars fishermen.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the former.

We don't do it on purpose. We start out telling a variation of the truth, but then we are asked to repeat the story. THOSE people are the ones to blame.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is usually by those w/ very little experience-----on both topics.
AND has nothing to do w/ age !,but it is a good quote .

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Kinda in regards to this Trump Russia thing; When Churchill was asked about his feelings about Josef Stalin he replied,"If Hitler invaded hell I would at least go before the house of commons + give a decent brief in support of the devil."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another favorite of mine by George S. Patton; "Take not council of your fears."

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Always love quotes ascribed to famous people, Churchill being the favorite. Most of the time they're false. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always told my buds....you can lie about women but never lie about hunting or fishing.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizz,I've a great book on the quotations + anecdotes of Sir Winston as well as T.R. + Ben Franklin.Great reading.Very intelligent men all.