New
Find
Notify
Tools

France vs England Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Other than cricket and crew, is there a single team sport where the English think they can beat the French?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The English think they can beat anyone at anything.....if they really put their minds to it, don'tcha know.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The English can beat the French in anything that involves firearms or naval opeations, but nothing that involves cooking.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When others were discussing various denegrating things about the military history of france I stopped the discussion for several minutes of reflective thought when I commented that as bad as french generals have historically been there was something far worse... French Admirals.

The english always had great respect for french ship designers, a significant portion of the royal navy was always composed of captured french warships...

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I, for one am most pleased that the French were kind enough to send the best Generals and Admirals to assist a young rebellious group of colonies here in the New World.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote