New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad move Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I was talking to a buddy tonight whose son is a park ranger here in Tx. Today they opened up the parks statewide while allowing large groups to congregate in the parking areas while simultaneously not supplying the rangers with any masks. Oh, + BTW, State Of Texas has also limited the 9mm rounds( they just did away with the 40) every LEO can have to his/her pistol to magazine cap + 2 extra. That's it! One officer had to put down a deer that was hit by a car + is now out of ammo. No ammo for practicing either. As I said, bad move.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Huh?????

I lived in the San Antonio area in the early 1970's and saw a lot of firepower carried by the LEO's. Met a Deputy one day and talked a little, he had a pair of 45 1911's strapped on along with lots of magazine pouches.

One of my neighbors was a Border Patrol type. Everywhere he went he carried a Model 12 Win with extended magazine. His sidearm was a Python.

Heck, if I knew a LEO today in Texas I would buy him an ammo box full of the 9mm of his choice.

Things must have changed a lot.

Posts: 1457 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I was talking to a buddy tonight whose son is a park ranger here in Tx. Today they opened up the parks statewide while allowing large groups to congregate in the parking areas while simultaneously not supplying the rangers with any masks. Oh, + BTW, State Of Texas has also limited the 9mm rounds( they just did away with the 40) every LEO can have to his/her pistol to magazine cap + 2 extra. That's it! One officer had to put down a deer that was hit by a car + is now out of ammo. No ammo for practicing either. As I said, bad move.

and thats why you don't hunt deer with a 9mm! Big Grin

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that. What makes it a little bit worse is that they all were carrying 40s prior to the decision by some armchair theorist to move them all to the 9mm

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One officer had to put down a deer that was hit by a car + is now out of ammo. No ammo for practicing either.

Dam needs more practice.

I always used my shotgun for car hit deer, bear.

When one has a critter flopping around one can look foolish with a handgun.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. But how to pray tell do the officers get more practice when no ammo is provided + (most importantly, most officers don't care enough to buy their own for practice.)I know times are hard, but we are talking about not just your ability to carry about your job but your LIFE!, Yep, that brought to mind the Steve McQueen scene in the "Getaway" when he tells the clerk " 12 G. pump, wrap it up. Then my favorite part was when the4 clerk says,. the allusion to the 4473 forms, of course, you'll have to fill these out. + he produces 1911
+ says " Do you know what this is? 'Yes Sir", " Good,. just wrap it up."