THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    TEXAS residents might want to read this.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEXAS residents might want to read this. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Just got an alert. Some of you folks like gold. So.......
CB

Detectives with the Pantego, Texas Police Department are investigating the theft of 24 Gold Fifty Peso coins from the residence of an elderly couple. The suspect/suspects may attempt to sell the coins in the North Texas area and possibly the Shreveport/Bossier City area.

Anyone with information please contact:

Det. Sam Nance
817-274-2511
or
Doug Davis
817-723-7231
Doug @numismaticcrimes.org

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About $35K worth of coins. One of, if not my favorite bullion coins, partially because it's not on the IRS reporting list. Hopefully they will catch the thieves.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they will be caught. Speaking of thieves,has anyone heard an update on the theft of 5 Medals Of Honor from the Yorktown? This happened a few years ago. I saw the ads in a couple of my military history mags with an FBI contact#.Have'nt heard any more about it. Those guys should get the maximum.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reading this. Some are caught. Many times it is due to an alert like this that makes folks aware. Hope they catch the suspects red-handed.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of thieves,has anyone heard an update on the theft of 5 Medals Of Honor from the Yorktown?

Stolen in 2004. 2 recovered by FBI and returned 2009. AFAIK 3 still missing.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Charlie. Any idea what the penalty was on the perps?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, and I really didn't dig into it. I am not sure the thieves were caught.

Unrelated but a pawn broker, a couple of years later, found a MOH in a fishing tackle box he bought. Turns out, the recipient had lost one and it was replaced. While I am not clear if this was the lost one or the replacement, he put one of them in the box for safe keeping and the box was sold to pawnbroker, legitimately. Pawn broker returned MOH.

xxxxxxxxxx