THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    face tattoo hurts teen's job chances.......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

face tattoo hurts teen's job chances....... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
....imagine that.....

quote:
Mark Cropp just wants to to get a job and support his family, but something unique is holding him back.

A giant tattoo saying “DEVAST8” covers half of his face, and, perhaps not surprisingly, it’s off-putting for potential employers.

The teenager, born in Oamaru in the southern part of the country, told the New Zealand Herald he had it inked a few months ago, while drunk on homebrew in a jail cell in Christchurch, New Zealand.

He was locked up in 2015, at 17, for aggravated robbery, after he and a friend pulled a knife on a tourist in Nelson, New Zealand.

Cropp pleaded guilty to a range of charges, including aggravated robbery, escaping custody and assault with a weapon.

He told the Herald he committed the crime to get enough money to help house himself and his pregnant girlfriend after they were kicked out of his parents’ home.

“My partner Taneia was just a month due to drop my baby, and we had nowhere to go so I committed the crime — and I never got to see [the baby] again.”

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was locked up in 2015, at 17, for aggravated robbery, after he and a friend pulled a knife on a tourist in Nelson, New Zealand. Cropp pleaded guilty to a range of charges, including aggravated robbery, escaping custody and assault with a weapon.
Of course the article ignores the possibility that the above might be a greater reason people don't want to hire him.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
I'd say it could be both.

Posts: 7487 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately New Zealand seems to have more than its fair share of idiots who think its normal to be tattooed from head to toe. Neck and facial tats seem to be flavour of the month currently.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine??

How the hell is anyone going to employ him!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66985 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Maybe he should consider a full-on mountain man beard...

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These dumbass snowflakes.......decisions have consequences......

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think DesertRam has hit on the solution for his looks, but not his chance for employment. Everything about him reeks of a loser who would make a lousy employee. Stay long enough to draw a paycheck or two and then disappear. No thank you.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Unfortunately New Zealand seems to have more than its fair share of idiots who think its normal to be tattooed from head to toe. Neck and facial tats seem to be flavour of the month currently.

Normal for your Natives, the Maori, isn't it? Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice hicky marks on his neck. Lets get a job before we knock someone up.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Normal for your Natives, the Maori, isn't it?

It was , in a previous era , as a mark of respect and warrior-ship. Now its more about being in a gang , being a loser , being a troublemaker.

This clown should be removed from the genepool , but I suspect he has probably already spread his bloodline around in his neighbourhood. Definately part of the me,me,me , now-generation of over-entitled but thoroughly useless young folk that this country is afflicted with. ( actually they are not all like that - but there are definately too many that are )

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A fine upstanding citizen.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My step daughter wanted a tattoo of a tree on her full back about 12 years ago. I told her that if she was smart (not to get it at all) but to make sure no part of it shows on your arms or neck.Someday you might want a good job.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just noticed. There is still room to write "stupid" over his right eyebrow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a grill, pierced nose, pierced eyebrows and ear inserts. Disappointed I don't see the complete picture. Wonder what the girlfriend looks like?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always wonder where the welfare bums can come up with money to add a new tat every few months but cant pay rent or any other costs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back in my earliest days, in Odessa, I used to see the same rig hand come in the front door seemed like every month. He was always there to ask for an advance. His story was always the same. He needed to buy milk (formula) for his baby. He was always stumbling-drunk when he came through the door. I think his "baby" must have been drinking Budweiser. A few years later when I was making the rules, I stopped all advances. Losers really can't be helped, they can only be kept at arm's length.

one of us
posted Hide Post
" add a new tat " ? he did that in jail while drunk on jail made booze !I don't think that costs much [ in dollars ].

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mete, nowhere did I say I was talking about that fellow.
There are plenty of multi generational welfare bums here, and everywhere else I expect.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes that I understand !
My brother and I had a discussion about drug overdose recently. Those that overdose seem to repeat the process. How about a limit on the number of ambulance rides to those repeaters. At my recent ambulance ride I would have been angered if they said 'no ambulance available due to overdose needs '

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think facial tattoos are a good thing.
From a long distance you can see the person is crazy and not make the mistake of speaking to them.

M

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Yes that I understand !
My brother and I had a discussion about drug overdose recently. Those that overdose seem to repeat the process. How about a limit on the number of ambulance rides to those repeaters. At my recent ambulance ride I would have been angered if they said 'no ambulance available due to overdose needs '

Some of the EMS departments in Ohio are talking about a three strikes and you are out program with Narcan for opiate overdoses. They keep seeing the same people over and over. They revive them and they refuse transport so they can go get high again since the narcan ruined their buzz.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As a business owner I would not hiRE ANYONE LIKE THAT that would be a representation of the company. Bearing in mind that they might be the TOP people for the job . My opinion makes no matter;
iIm from another world + time.Now
What that saying "The kids today wear their hair too long + their music is just a bunch of noise".All things considered,if you work for me,you work by my standards;or you don't work for me at all. If that makes me an "Asshole" then so be it.The opinions of those of your ilk mean nothing to me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting follow-up. I don't this changes much that's been said. He doesn't shift from the Loser column to the Winner column in my book. His CV still goes in the trash.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
just another misunderstood young man.......
quote:

A teen dad with “DEVAST8” tattooed across half his face has turned down 45 job offers as he is “waiting for the right one to come along” – after his desperate work plea went viral.

New Zealander Mark Cropp, 19, went on social media to beg someone to give him a break and let him prove he can be responsible and hold down a full-time job after leaving prison.

Within hours he revealed he had been deluged with job opportunities and admitted he “stopped counting” when the number of offers reached 45.

WOULD YOU HIRE THIS MAN? UNEMPLOYED DAD WITH ENORMOUS FACE TATTOO CAN'T GET WORK

But he told the Daily Mail Australia he still hasn’t “done a day’s work” claiming he is “just waiting for the right one to come about”.

Some of the job offers did require him to have his own transport which immediately ruled him out, he said.

“Until I get my first paycheck and get a car I won’t be able to get myself around,” he said.

Cropp also revealed he is finally getting rid of the ludicrous prison tattoo which has made his life hell.

“I am just working out a date to get it taken off – which sucks because it is going to hurt,” he said.

“And because, you know, this tattoo means something to me and my brother did it for me so it is hard to make the decision to get rid of it.

“But I know it is the best thing for my future – and I want to be a person my family can look to for support.”

Cropp got the tattoo a few months ago while drunk on home brewed alcohol with his brother in a New Zealand prison last year.

He was locked up for pulling a knife on a tourist after trying to sell him fake cannabis.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

This is awesome.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote