Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People don't get the Joke Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
People don't get the joke about this virus. Just lay low for 6 weeks it will pass. But no!!!! people panic run out and buy 10 times more products than they would use in a year, Like toilet paper and sanitizer products you can't buy a roll of toilet paper in lower part of Michigan. Menards got busted on gouging for sanitizer products charging double. Now I see guns and ammo are on the rise. Whats Next!!!!!

Posts: 114 | Location: northern lower michigan | Registered: 22 November 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yesterday a friend went to Cabela's and said fifty people were in line buying guns. He got the last boxes of 9mm off the shelf.

It's sad. We are a third world country.

Yesterday at Kroger's people were orderly, crowds were not overly large. Customers were coming out with toilet paper in small amounts. Milk was still on the shelf. Rice was available.

I scratch my head over the bottled water disappearing from the shelves. Everyone I know has running water in their house.

I picked up my wild hog sausage. Grocers say there is plenty of food in the food chain. We are not Venezuela, but a lot of people are acting like it.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Walmart, Raley's and The Nugget looked like they were going out of business. The shelves were picked over so bad. No TP/paper products since Friday anywhere within 50 miles of my place

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Spanish Flu hung on for two years. let's not be trivial about this.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1595 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Yesterday a friend went to Cabela's and said fifty people were in line buying guns. He got the last boxes of 9mm off the shelf.

It's sad. We are a third world country.

Yesterday at Kroger's people were orderly, crowds were not overly large. Customers were coming out with toilet paper in small amounts. Milk was still on the shelf. Rice was available.

I scratch my head over the bottled water disappearing from the shelves. Everyone I know has running water in their house.

I picked up my wild hog sausage. Grocers say there is plenty of food in the food chain. We are not Venezuela, but a lot of people are acting like it.

I’ve heard about a run on ammo. Either I don’t shoot enough or I bought too much at one point, but I’m fully stocked.

I did see empty shelves at the grocery store here the other day.

It’s crazy. I’ve talked to people in Italy and also Argentina. Both are in full lock down. We do have some freedom, but for some reason the courts are still operating to a certain extent.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ammo has ALWAYS been a great trade commodity but I'll be damned if I'll trade a box of 45 ACP for a roll of toilet paper. GEEZ! When I was a kid at my grandparent's house we had an outhouse + a Sears catalog. Folks have gotten soft; hopefully, this is a wakeup call.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone I know has running water in their house.

We get boil notices quite regularly from our water system. Seems the water has a brain eating amoeba in it.
And that is why I have stacks of bottled water on my carport year round.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My CPA came by yesterday with all my tax stuff. I told him I wasn't ready to order another truckload of steel yet + he said that Houston looks like It did right after a hurricane. Gas is down right now but I'll bet my steel prices are still up there.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought I heard a very sound strategy on TV this afternoon. They said take action as if you have the virus because you probably have it now, or will have it soon.

I wore a mask into Kroger's today. It caused quite a stir. I guess they weren't expecting a ski mask. (Actually, I was wearing an N95, and no one else in the store was wearing a mask.)

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We can, and should, wash our hands, wear masks, use hand sanitizer, stay out of the public as much as possible; and help those we can. BUT.....don't you think at some point most, if not all of us, are going to come into contact with this virus at some point? Not fearmongering here. Living in a small town has its advantages, but with 54 highway going through town, there is a great deal of traffic. Plus I talk to people who have just come back from someplace else. I don't think we can out run or end run it. Just have to be sensible and manage through it. Even in our small town, there has been a run on things at our local market, with a lot of out of county tags! Well, there you go.

Posts: 217 | Location: SW of Dodge City | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Place where I shop has no sanitiser left on the shelves.
They put some in the foyer for people to use, but have had seven bottles stolen from there in the last six hours.
They now have a Security Guard on the last bottle.