Notify
Tools

Texas sized ranch for sale....... Login/Join 
one of us
posted

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a little short, anyone want to go halves?

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I'm a little short, anyone want to go halves?

Ha! I could rustle up the $250 part, but all those zeroes will have to come from someone else. Smiler

A little elaborate for my tastes, but I bet a fella could rustle up a coyote or two out on those plains, which would be just my cup of tea.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been to it a few times. Lucky to have gotten the invite.

It's amazing and great but not worth $250 mil.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
It's amazing and great but not worth $250 mil.

Mike

That's what I was thinking. Certainly very impressive, but I was thinking less than half that amount...

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like all real estate listings, that's an asking price, make an offer. Of course the problem with an offer is that it might be accepted. Wink

$4000/acre seems really high for that area but he probably has many millions in improvements.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
There is a listing on the co-broker's site. The house is nice but a little much for me. I don't see enough improvements to justify the price per acre, but it's not like i am a buyer even at what I think it is worth.

http://www.chassmiddleton.com/...anches-for-sale.html

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The primary house is nearly never used.

The main area is a entertainment house/building surrounded by like 6 really nice houses.

The place is awesome just not $250 mil awesome.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meh. I'd buy something big in Idaho.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if ol T-Boone's place has windmills and oil rigs on it, or if it comes with mineral rights.

Posts: 4983 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like T. Boone is still pretty sharp between the ears. I would hope someone like Ted Turner would pick it up, although I don't think it is large enough to interest him.

Large acreage needs to be preserved before it becomes a sub-division, a Walmart, or a parking lot.

There was a nice little place on Highway 5 a few weeks ago. Little farm house, wonderful huge oak over a pond, barns and some great beef cattle. All gone now. Ground flattened and staked for houses and roads. Breaks your heart.

Posts: 13784 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
I wonder if ol T-Boone's place has windmills and oil rigs on it, or if it comes with mineral rights.

One of the items I read said it came with whatever interest in the minerals Mr. Pickens owns.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Sounds like T. Boone is still pretty sharp between the ears. I would hope someone like Ted Turner would pick it up, although I don't think it is large enough to interest him.

Large acreage needs to be preserved before it becomes a sub-division, a Walmart, or a parking lot.

There was a nice little place on Highway 5 a few weeks ago. Little farm house, wonderful huge oak over a pond, barns and some great beef cattle. All gone now. Ground flattened and staked for houses and roads. Breaks your heart.

Kensco, from many of your posts I assume you are in the Frisco area. I grew up there and used to hunt where there is now an ikea, Stonebriar Mall, etc. Just recently, I was hunting close to 380 and the tollway by the old “Round Barn.” Of course, that’s now a new subdivision.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years ago,a good buddy + builder name of Clifford Hxxx.who ALWAYS found GREAT jobs turned me onto a deal of enough acres that it filled the area between the devil + pecos rivers.(big territory there)
he asked me if I was interested in the whole property at $50.00 per acre. I declined (of course) but left him with the feeling that I was impressed at his opinion of my largesse. Long way around the barn;true here;is on monday the ranch has been sold to a gathering of lawyers for $30.00 an acre + giving the current land owners 10 years hunting rights.Sucks but guess what? It works.Wish I had those kind of deep pockets.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote