Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CABIN FEVER Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Reading through most of my topics here on AR I am finding that Cabin Fever is coming early and that posters are getting TESTY already and it is only January! Confused

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wife is restless and cranky...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14371 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
January has been real nice in my woods to date. The rest of the month gets wintery starting tomorrow. I've gotten a lot of good outdoor things done because of the mild weather so no cabin fever here.

~Ann

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Headed to the Gulf beaches tomorrow. It’s only a 2 1/2 hour drive to our condo. Tomorrow evening I’ll watch the sunset from the balcony with an adult beverage in hand. No cabin fever here.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems to affect different folks differently. Here in the south, we are used to getting out daily, so being confined over time would be rough. I had a friend years ago that lived in Chicago, + he said it was nothing to be snowed in their apartment for 3 weeks at a time. Considering that he + his wife chain-smoked the whole time; that in itself would drive me up the wall.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
January has been real nice in my woods to date. The rest of the month gets wintery starting tomorrow. I've gotten a lot of good outdoor things done because of the mild weather so no cabin fever here.

A little different tune then a few weeks ago. Wink

Weather is always changing.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

A little different tune then a few weeks ago. Wink

Weather is always changing.

Sure was! Please keep the cold weather there where it belongs.

That said I have been able to make a dent in the firewood supply and am well ahead for next year. I am out of storage space though.

~Ann

Posts: 19150 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Wife is restless and cranky...

I’m realizing why I’m not married every day.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Taste o' winter here starting tonight with rain, snow or both expected early in the morning. I don't mind a day or two of this, but the highs for the rest of the week will pretty much be in the 40s, with wind. Not quite gardening weather yet.
Frowner

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not quiet but soon. we're expecting rain tomorrow and damn we need it. my rainwater tank is getting low. all i have left in the garden is a row of spinach doing great. just cut a bag full this morning with frost on it. left maybe 3x that much. i planted them last march and they did no good at all because of the heat. they sure like this cooler weather though.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is another of the beauties of living here; we do get some cold, but it usually doesn't last too long.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an old buddy once said, concerning the Texas temperatures, "I can put on more clothes than it's legal to take off."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
-46 here, yesterday. Yeah, I am a little testy...

The good news is that the lake finally froze and ice fishing will start.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
-46 here, yesterday. Yeah, I am a little testy...

The good news is that the lake finally froze and ice fishing will start.

Wellsville?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14371 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, Randolph.

Cache Valley was about -14 I believe.

The Sinks (Logan Canyon) was -62 Eeker

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote