Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

News From Remington Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Just something that came to my email. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDXtPeh94-o

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well that was refreshing.
I hope there is a special place in hell for corporate raiders ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was good to hear. The only issue I have with my 870, is that it is so well-made as to last indefinitely, I may never have to buy another.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
corporate raiders

Have destroyed many fine companies

Posts: 19360 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True that, with no concerns about their fellow man

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Remington redesigns their triggers and succeeds.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
That was good to hear. The only issue I have with my 870, is that it is so well-made as to last indefinitely, I may never have to buy another.

Don’t let that stop you. One can never have too many Remington 870s…or Mausers.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's all well and good, but a real issue is that the new Remington cannot or will not supply repair parts. There are millions of older Remington rifles and shotguns that could be easily repaired and put back into service. But, perhaps that is the idea.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobster:
That's all well and good, but a real issue is that the new Remington cannot or will not supply repair parts. There are millions of older Remington rifles and shotguns that could be easily repaired and put back into service. But, perhaps that is the idea.

I think Dave Kiff "PT&G" bought most or all of the receivers and barreled actions among other things.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13772 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hope it is real. They did know how to make good longarms once upon a time.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Having seen and handled some of the new manufacture Remington guns, I have to say they seem to be righting the ship. The fit and finish of all of them has been impressive, and even the modestly priced "Fieldmaster" 870 is nicer than the old Express model. A new 700 BDL was as tight and shiny as I've ever seen, and they did away with the white line spacers which were never really my thing.

As for corporate raiders - having seen firsthand what a venture capital firm can do to a small company with a dedicated workforce, I'll never deal with them again. The line is often, "we just want to come in and help you keep doing things the way you've been doing them...". Yeah, right. Greedy #$%@!'s.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of companies have been destroyed by “suits” that come in and take over. Those companies set themselves up to be taken over, for a variety of poor management reasons.
I’ve handled some of the new Rem Arms 870s and 700s, both seemed to be very good quality. I hope they are highly successful.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote