Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Thief Alert" Login/Join 
one of us
posted
What is the story about a post entitled "Thief Alert" or something like that.

It was here yesterday, or the day before, but is not here now.

WTF? not even the remains of a closed thread. Just Gone.

Personally, I would like to see the thread returned, and the subject discussed openly.

This is a nice site, however, the style of "management" does not suit me.

Before anybody says it, Yes, I know I am free to leave. I am aware.

Been hanging out here longer, than any other site, kinda hate to leave.

So, what happened to the thread?

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
It is true, there are a bunch of petty tyrants, er, moderators, running the show.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The alleged transaction did not take place on AR (although the parties are both members here).

Contact seafire for the details.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 30 December 2011 04:01 Hide Post
The alleged transaction did not take place on AR (although the parties are both members here).

Contact seafire for the details.

George

George
is this why the thread was "disappeared" with no history?

I do not know seafire, he is a good person, I'm sure, but he was not the one to delete the post, was he?

Only a moderator or someone with access can completely remove posts.

The allegation had to do with a person that has over 10k posts on this site. In my opinion, this person has spent most of his/her time, alienating anyone with a different point of view. Not me, I never bothered to "cross swords" with him, but, the allegations are serious,IMO. I believe this little drama should play out, in full public view. If the "management" of this site, doesn't want to have it play out here...fine, close the thread, if required.

DO NOT JUST DELETE IT LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED. That is all I am saying.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never dealt with the person who is the subject of the "Thief Alert", but it did cause me to research some of his posts here. And I have to wonder why site management allows such a person to post here. It actually appears that site management shelters the guy. I'm going to "ignore" him, but I think it would be best if he was banned.
Jerry/AK

Smile...God loves you!

Posts: 575 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have no dog in this fight. However if my memory is working there has been a number of posts in the past pointing out fraud and giving a heads up here on AR for issues on other sites.

Have no clue if the person mentioned here is the same as on 24hrs. After reading a number of the party memtioned posts here I simply ignore him.

I do feel if it is known for sure a member has ripped someone off on another site we should be informed here.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
lowtech,

I do not know who deleted it or why. Have you contacted Flags, the person who originated the thread? It may have been he who deleted it or requested its deletion.

The person named on the 24HCF forum has zero posts here, and it has not been conclusively corroborated that the alleged theft even happened, as seafire has not responded on the 24HCF thread.

This may just be a case of mistaken identity.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George S

I do not know who deleted the post.

Maybe whoever is responsible can provide an explaination.

Flagger, can you please add something to this discussion? Did you delete your own post?

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Seems like Seafire and Duck911 have settled their issue. They concluded the problem was the name mentioned in the first post here on AR causing trouble.

You guys might want to go to 24 and read Seafire's comments.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/...php/topics/5965373/3

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry/AK:
I've never dealt with the person who is the subject of the "Thief Alert", but it did cause me to research some of his posts here. And I have to wonder why site management allows such a person to post here. It actually appears that site management shelters the guy. I'm going to "ignore" him, but I think it would be best if he was banned.
Jerry/AK

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
low_tech,

check your PMs.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Let me take a wild guess that Duckman911 on 24hr is DaMan on AR. If so it should come at no surprise.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dempsey,
If you'll read the 24hr post cited above, you'll see that Seafire is now convinced that Duckman911 on 24hr is not the same person as DaMan on AR.
Jerry/AK

Smile...God loves you!

Posts: 575 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I see that now Jerry. I think DaMan must have nekkid photos of DRG to let him keep polluting his site.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read the thread over at 24Hour, so DaMan and Duckman911 are not the same person, according to seafire.

OK fine, but DaMan still looks like a doucebag, and I wonder what/who's purposes are being served by allowing this person to pollute, an otherwise decent place.

I am putting DaMan on ignore, and I hope he gets run over by the Karma train.

LT out.

posted Hide Post
This is being moved to 'Miscellaneous Topics'.

George