Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couldn't stop laughing! Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Couldn't stop laughing at the article I posted here, especially the 2nd paragraph!

The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the return of 2 rifles that were, as O’Ryan Johnson of the Boston Herald reports, “stolen from an FBI SWAT emergency response vehicle.”

The weapons were an M-16 and a "sniper rifle" in .308 caliber. The kind of scary looking guns that we are told must be kept out of the hands of irresponsible civilians and entrusted only to wise, trained professionals.

The FBI’s "SWAT emergency response vehicle,” was in Andover, Massachusetts when the guns were pinched. The town is known, chiefly, as the site of an expensive and prestigious prep school and one does wonder why the FBI needed that kind of firepower to go in there.

One also wonders if you will be read your Miranda rights before or after you get the twenty grand.

Posts: 1649 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congomike: So crime never occurs at 'prestigious prep schools'? And federal agents can't take their weapons anywhere within the USA? Please enlighten us; because I don't think the theft was funny.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by congomike:
Couldn't stop laughing at the article I posted here, especially the 2nd paragraph!

The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the return of 2 rifles that were, as O’Ryan Johnson of the Boston Herald reports, “stolen from an FBI SWAT emergency response vehicle.”

The weapons were an M-16 and a "sniper rifle" in .308 caliber. The kind of scary looking guns that we are told must be kept out of the hands of irresponsible civilians and entrusted only to wise, trained professionals.

The FBI’s "SWAT emergency response vehicle,” was in Andover, Massachusetts when the guns were pinched. The town is known, chiefly, as the site of an expensive and prestigious prep school and one does wonder why the FBI needed that kind of firepower to go in there.

One also wonders if you will be read your Miranda rights before or after you get the twenty grand.

i agree withh all you put in your post but i really got a kick out of the response from shotshellz..............

i feel a lot safer with FBI on the case Roll Eyes....................

life is short.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
shootshellz
Not sure where the prestigious school, or not allowing federal agents to take their guns anywhere they want rant came from when reading this article. I was laughing because of what the writer put in the second paragraph which illustrates the idiocy of many gun control advocates. Some of these advocates honestly think that if we have a ban on certain types of weapons the world will be a kinder, gentler place. Then you read an article like this and realize that the people who would be responsible for keeping these weapons out of our hands CAN'T even keep THEIR weapons out of criminal's hands.
That will make me sleep better if I ever have to give up my guns!
FWIW my dad was a federal agent for 22 years, Bureau of Narcotics when hired in 1950, then change to Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs and finally DEA. He ALWAYS knew where his firearms were at ANY given time.
If indeed it was an M-16, then the agent left a FULLY AUTOMATIC weapon, improperly secured, in a city that is known to have a fairly high rate of crime.
Maybe you are right in one statement after all, I don't think a Federal LEO should be allowed to take their weapons anywhere in the US if they don't have the common sense to make sure they are safe and secured at all times.

Posts: 1649 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If they stole your rifle it was hilarious.

quote:
Originally posted by Shootshellz:
Congomike: So crime never occurs at 'prestigious prep schools'? And federal agents can't take their weapons anywhere within the USA? Please enlighten us; because I don't think the theft was funny.....

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congomike: If you own a dictionary please look up the word 'rant'. What I posted was not a 'rant'. By the way, I still am waiting for an answer why a stolen firearm is a laughing matter; all politics/misdirection/blaming aside.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congomike: If you own a dictionary please look up the word 'rant'. What I posted was not a 'rant'. By the way, I still am waiting for an answer why a stolen firearm is a laughing matter; all politics/misdirection/blaming aside.

Because it was stolen from those who are charged with protecting us from such horrible weapons. Because the vaunted FBI was shown to be incompetent or stupid, take your pick. Because a couple more illegal weapons on the streets is not that big of a deal, unless you're the idiots in a Federal agency that lost them, it will fit right in with the few million others out there.
Hilarious, no, funny and ironic yes.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatorgordo: WRONG! There is NOTHING funny or amusing about any stolen weapon, period, regardless of the circumstances. Those who belive otherwise should sell all of their firearms, IMHO, so do us all a favor and sell away.....

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

Because it was stolen from those who are charged with protecting us from such horrible weapons. Because the vaunted FBI was shown to be incompetent or stupid, take your pick. Because a couple more illegal weapons on the streets is not that big of a deal, unless you're the idiots in a Federal agency that lost them, it will fit right in with the few million others out there.
Hilarious, no, funny and ironic yes.

This IS bloody funny!

Gato is absolutely right, if these nitwits from the SWAT team cannot keep their weapons safe, how can Joe Blogs?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67106 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: The weapons involved were purchased by the goverment via taxpaying Americans. Thus they rightfully belong to us, not the government. Would you be laughing if your guns were stolen?

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe some hard working, taxpaying citizen finally figured out that they indeed belonged to him and he took them. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use Enough Gun: Please Use Enough Intelligence....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Well, maybe some hard working, taxpaying citizen finally figured out that they indeed belonged to him and he took them. Big Grin

lol

.....but I would guess that the thief was not a "hard working, taxpaying citizen".....well, maybe a citizen. rotflmo

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed: The weapons involved were purchased by the goverment via taxpaying Americans. Thus they rightfully belong to us, not the government. Would you be laughing if your guns were stolen?

You really need to lighten up. They're ditching BILLIONS of dollars worth of weaponry in Afghanistan, as they did in Iraq, and you're getting your panties in a wad over a couple of rifles stolen in the US? There are well over 200,000 guns stolen per year in the US or over 600 per day and this is just 2 of them. Give us a break.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will end up on a list of stolen firearms and civilians will get blamed when they are used in a crime.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatorgordo: You need to discriminate on your sense of humor. Whether one, ten or thousands of firearms are stolen is immaterial. It is not a laughing matter, period. Grow up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a windmill.....CHARGE!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a coloring book... COLOR!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your responses are nearly as funny as the stolen guns story. Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't believe that the theft is funny either, but I do believe it's absolutely fucking hilarious.
It's all about IRONY.

if you don't see that you are stupid.

The government claims they will protect us because we are incompetent at protecting ourselves... then they LOSE their own guns.

if that isn't funny someone needs to hit you with a length of pipe until you do see the
humor.

The Humor is all in the hypocritical nature of anti-gun attitude and stupidity of government.

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....Shootshellz?.....Shootaway?....

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gatorgordo and Dutch44: You are both prime examples, IMHO, of immature firearm owners. The kind that give the mature (read: thinking) firearms owners a bad name in your totally untenable position that any stolen firearm is humorous. Period, end of story, no further argument from me. Proceed to freely babble among yourselves as much as you desire (or until your nap time).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Untenable? Your statements border on the manic. My comment is directed at the similarity in your responses and George's, not a stolen gun.

However, since you aren't bright enough to see the humor and levity in our comments I'll remind you that Nurse Ratched is keeping an eye on you. Now take your medicine like a good boy.

Dutch

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gatorgordo and Dutch44: You are both prime examples, IMHO, of immature firearm owners. The kind that give the mature (read: thinking) firearms owners a bad name in your totally untenable position that any stolen firearm is humorous. Period, end of story, no further argument from me. Proceed to freely babble among yourselves as much as you desire (or until your nap time).

Your inability to grasp the obvious says that you are in the wrong profession. Perhaps you should take up knitting?

It has been explained to you multiple times in multiple ways why the situation IS funny, but since, you frigging moron, you can't understand that it is NOT the stolen guns, but the situation from who and where they were stolen that is funny/ironic (look it up, since you obviously have no sense of same), you should simply wallow in your simple world view and leave larger issues to those with larger views.

Criticizing where you have no ability to understand is not a reflection on those you criticize but rather on your mental frailties.

xxxxxxxxxx