THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Nomination: Best Super Bowl Commercial 2013

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nomination: Best Super Bowl Commercial 2013 Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Tough to beat this Dodge commercial based on Paul Harvey's monologue on farmers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0sENZcnM8

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, the other one would be the one about the military earlier on in the game, don't even know what it was about.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ad on farmers was first class. It made farmers look good.

A class ad.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Great Marketing by Dodge/Fiat. I'd have liked it better if it was a Ford commercial. I grew up on all things Mopar, some of my finest memories are of all the Muscle Cars my Dad would take me for rides in ( he worked at a Dodge Dealer). My first car was a 340 Duster that I built the motor for in High School shop class. My recent fiasco with a DPF problem on a 09 5500 has been enough that I will never buy a new Chrysler product again. But great sentiment in the commercial and love Paul Harvey. The ad agency will get a lot of business out of this one.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. Paul Harvey had the touch. Loved, "... and now you know the rest of the story".

I'm also a current Ford fan. I love that they didn't file for bankruptcy and stiff their shareholders, like GM and Chrysler.

A 2013 Ford Edge SEL is my latest ride. I cut my teeth on a new 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner back in the day; all Forest Green and Black Vinyl.

Back in the Richard Petty era just turning the key on a Plymouth / Dodge muscle car and listening to it come to life was enough to get your own motor running. Nothing can compare.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As one of those rancher/farmers in the ad, I thought it was maudlin. I didn't particularly like it but the imagery was excellent.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote