Find
Notify
Tools

Outdoor Wood Burning Furnance Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I need to purchase one
Need some advice on which to buy from those who have one

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
One of my customers is Georgetown Fireplace + Patio. They sell several models.Pull them up online + get some info.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fireplace or furnace ? First find out if an outdoor furnace is legal in your location !
In bad locations like Port Jervis NY [ a bowl shape town with often poor circulation ] the furnaces can produce air pollution problems. Some areas have banned them because people use them as garbage disposals , burning everything.
A simple BBQ for outdoors is a different story.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have been considering a simple fire pit or one of those clay chimineas. Not sure how useful they are, though.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Atmosphere Bill.Mete,if you have ever been in Denver you would notice the smoke pollution in the basin. That caused the fed to install cattolitic(sp) converters on the new wood stoves/furnaces.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

Part of the Alamogordo Open Burning Code.

12-01-020. - Regulations to control open burning.

(a)

Open burning is any manner of burning not in a device or chamber designed to achieve combustion, where the products of combustion are emitted, directly or indirectly, into the open air.

(b)

Except as otherwise provided under these regulations, no person shall authorize, kindle or maintain any bonfire or rubbish fire.

(1)

Open burning is permitted for barbecuing, for heating purposes in fireplaces, for the noncommercial cooking of food for human consumption and for warming by small wood fires within metal containers at construction sites.

(2)

Open burning is permitted for the following purposes when a permit or other proper authorization is obtained from the department of public safety: Weed abatement; prevention of fire hazards; instruction and training of bona fide fire-fighting and fire rescue personnel; civil defense; conservation; game management; disease and pest control; land clearance for highway construction; forestry management; control of vegetation in irrigation ditches and canals; clearance and maintenance of watercourses and flood control channels to eliminate flood hazards; disposal of hydrocarbons spilled or lost from pipeline breaks or other transport failure; for ceremonial purposes; and other special circumstances.

(c)

A permit to burn shall not be issued if the department of public safety determines that:

(1)

A practical alternative to burning exists;

(2)

The health or welfare of any person may be detrimentally affected; or

(3)

Ambient air quality may be detrimentally affected;

(4)

Violates state open burning regulations.

(d)

Any person seeking a permit to open burn shall do so by submitting a request to the department of public safety. The department will require the application to be written and it shall contain at least the following information:

(1)

The requester's name, address and telephone number;

(2)

The location where the burning is to be conducted;

(3)

The type and quantity of material to be burned;

(4)

The date and time when the burning is to be conducted;

(5)

The methods that will be followed to ignite, maintain and control the burning;

(e)

This section shall apply within the city limits as now in effect or hereafter amended.

The full Alamogordo link.

https://library.municode.com/n...=PTIICOOR_CH12FIPRPR

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chimineas. assuming they meet local codes, are a nice addition to a deck or outdoor area where you can sit around them, burn twigs nd branches that fall off your trees, and cook hot dogs or marshmellows. No to mention having a nice drink in hand.

After the "new" wore off, we very rarely use ours. We haven't had a fire in it for years.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good point. I burn mine about three times a year, and I'm the guy sitting around it...alone most of the time. (If I have a drink I'm not really alone.)

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Ottomatic are you wanting an outdoor fire pit or an outdoor wood burning hot water boiler for heating your house?

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and I'm the guy sitting around it...alone most of the time

And what is wrong with that? :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remeniscence of Ruark's old man...The purpose of a fire is to keep a man warm.....but not too much so as he would lie down his guard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If your looking for a furnance I would suggest the wood master, I've had one for 10 years heat the house nicely.

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bbruce:
If your looking for a furnance I would suggest the wood master, I've had one for 10 years heat the house nicely.
\

Thanks that's the one I've narrowed it down to. Dealer close by with excellent reviews along with product.
Being in rural Tn. as long as it's not used tires they don't care what you burn.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote