Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is interesting Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Went for a week to Ireland, and one of our party noticed we were not seeing lawn mowers & the grass was a bit heavy. Turns out they are pushing a "no mow in May" month for the benefit of small wildlife.

Posts: 15867 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's kinda like when my lawn went a month without mowing once. When I finally cut the grass, I discovered I cut the top off the skulls of 3 baby rabbits. Not pretty.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of knowledge from the "Olde Sod".

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://news.uoguelph.ca/2023/...g-turfgrass-experts/

Myself ? I'm in for no mow June, July and August as well. Big Grin I also have a Rain Only Lawn sign out front, another one of those proper things to do.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had a guy out here that fortunately has moved. He had his rainbirds going at any given time, day or night + was wetting the street as well as his super green lawn. We are all on wells out here in the country, but he was of the mindset that it was his well + he could what he wanted, regardless of everyone else's drinking water supply. He was not very popular. Thank God he's gone, but I'm sure he is still up to his old ways, wherever he has moved to.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote