New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting info Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
This was all new to me a couple of days ago.Concerning one of the long guns I was selling to another Texas resident.He told me I could mail it to him direct w/o using an FFL intermediate. My FFL dealer told me that was not true. The buyer emailed me a copy of the law that said it was allowed but I did'nt see it until after I had checked with the post mistress + was told that it was indeed legal instate. However + this part I have my doubts on is that she said one had to remove the firing pin to ship legally.But then she also said that one could not ship loaded ammo. I have received too much loaded ammo in the mail over the years to believe that.Midway,etc. has no problem.And yes it has come by USPS. This was good to know.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.But then she also said that one could not ship loaded ammo. I have received too much loaded ammo in the mail over the years to believe that.Midway,etc. has no problem.

She's 100 per cent right. Illegal to ship loaded ammo by mail and Midway damn sure doesn't do it.

Firing pin info is BS.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
.But then she also said that one could not ship loaded ammo. I have received too much loaded ammo in the mail over the years to believe that.Midway,etc. has no problem.

She's 100 per cent right. Illegal to ship loaded ammo by mail and Midway damn sure doesn't do it.

Firing pin info is BS.

+1
I don't know where they dream up some of this stuff. I was told by a postal clerk "I've been with the PO for 25 years and I know everything there is to know about shipping guns". When I took it to a higher court (the post mistress), I learned that they had a cheat sheet under the counter that spelled it out. The clerk, I guess, had never bothered to look at it. Typical gov'mnt employee.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well Chuck you stand corrected. They sent me a few boxes of 9.3x74R after we did the Chapois group buy a few years ago. They can only come to my P.O Box as UPS will not deliver there.So they damned sure did.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote