New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well this sure is a pisser Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
"Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner imposed a curfew from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m. amid reports of looting, armed robberies and people impersonating police officers."

I guess we know what these perps deserve.

Mad

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16378 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Bill, it is simply a stark example of what happens in many parts of America when the system is failing.

Too many Americans simply do not want to face the FACT that there are so damn many people in this country that turn into little more than animals during such emergencies.

Such people should or will be shot on sight.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/pe...penal-sect-9-42.html

use of deadly force to protect property!

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not only 4 legged critters are considered to be "feral" IMHO.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Geedubya, you have some very sensible laws in Texas.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16378 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having posted the above, I really do not want to shoot anyone. I will relate a story, that did not involve being "in extremis".

I went for a hair-cut at my local barber-shop. There were two Pearland LEO's there at the time. One I knew and talk with in person and on the phone and I provide him with game meat and jerky when the opportunity affords. When I entered my LEO friend and the officer were discussing a rash of break-ins and car thefts. IIRC this was after Katrina. Upon seeing me, the officer I knew said, ya' ol' Glenn would fill em' full of lead if he caught em stealing his truck. A number of officers of my acquaintance, in a couple communities, recognize my 97F-350 when they see me out and about.

My reply was, no sir, if someone wants my truck bad enough to steal it, I'll hand them the keys. Then it was prolly worth about $8K, and was insured for comp and collision. Posessions can be replaced. Human life cannot. Not only do I not want to take a human life, I also do not want to deal with the financial consequences/ramifications. The only time I would resort to using lethal force would be if it was a last resort to stop, when I was in fear of the lives of me or mine!

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would prefer not to kill someone, and I would give them every opportunity to stop what they were doing, but if they didn't go on about their business I would shoot.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
With you both. It would be a tough thing to live with, and hard enough when protecting life.

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are, to use and old phrase, some people that just need killing and killing one preying on victims of Harvey would help those untold number of victims in the future that the dear dead and departed would have injured in some way. I love dogs, but would shoot a rabid dog in a heartbeat. Like most, I don't want to kill anyone, but it ain't hard, just press the trigger when the time calls for it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've carried a sidearm almost daily since I started doing real-estate appraisals in BFE and areas where feral blacks lived. I can remember going into abandoned warehouses in the wards of Houston. I'd have a short barreled 12 gauge pump that held 8 rounds, a Taurus m92 and 3 mags, along with a double edged dirk, and tear gas. Circa 1990.

Between 2000 and 2006 I had a weekly rent mobile home park in Cloverleaf, Texas in which I owned all the trailers. The typical inhabitants were meth/crack heads and section 8 white trash and blacks. My job was to separate $100 to 125, cash from these folk every Monday eve at the park office.

Between 1990 and today, I've only had to display my weapon four times IIRC. Each time that was enough to diffuse the situation.

I've pulled the trigger on thousands of animals and have seen life pass in-numerable number of times. I just do not have any desire to draw down on a human being. I do not dwell on that thought, and do not believe I would have a problem psychologically afterwards. I just do not want to have to do so.

ya!

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just do not want to have to do so.

Glen, I don't think any rational, reasonably intelligent human WANTS to have to kill another human, but as Gato stated:
quote:
I love dogs, but would shoot a rabid dog in a heartbeat.

With the situation as it is, people losing everything, those individuals stealing and looting what little those affected may have left, are nothing more than Rabid Dogs and need to be treated as such. JMO.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Got too many pussies today in the "law dept."I remember the day of a crime done a punishment therebe. + just now rereading Col. Askins "Unrepenent Sinner"+ the part when a fellow just "borrowed" his horse so he shot him.No questions were asked;justifiable;Oh brother not today,the victim must pay + pay to preserve the rights of the criminals.Things would be different if I were King.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
do not believe I would have a problem psychologically afterwards. I just do not want to have to do so.

No sane person "wants" to do so, but think of it as as exercise in vermin control. The vermin is threatening to remove your future rights to life, liberty, and happiness. Depending on the person, that might include sex, food, the sight of your children playing, or some combination of all of the above. Also to be considered is that most males are the bread winners of the family and, more than likely, without you presence, they would suffer substantial hardship.

All that brings me to my point, that is the gentrification of Americans. We seem to worry too much about the rats, and if they would suffer, rather than their victims, us. An example is the vast angst, furthered by our court system (which afterall is often simply a reflection of current public sentiment), of whether or not, some one sentenced to death would feel any discomfort due to drugs used. In one case, a death sentenced criminal got a stay because the state didn't have the "right" drugs to kill him with. This was a man who raped, tortured, killed, and dismembered two young girls. And we, the public, are terribly concerned with his comfort in his final moments? Give me a break.

I may be killed by some vermin, but it damn sure won't be because I didn't want to kill him first, if I knew he was there. Dying is easy, show him how he can do it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CAT,

don't know about you, but I never charge carry/defensive weapons with my reloads. Use strictly factory ammo.

On any public forum where the conversation turns to use of a weapon, I always make sure that I un-equivocably state that I will only use a weapon in the gravest extreme.

On some topics, I tend to be verbose.

On others, understatement may be a virtue.

Best,

GWB

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't know about you, but I never charge carry/defensive weapons with my reloads. Use strictly factory ammo.

I'm the same way, but, over many years of shooting, and in particular relating to pistol rounds, I've had several factory loads not fire and have had many thousand reloads fire when they were supposed to. That said, there is more room for error using reloads, and error in a self defense situation is something we don't want.

AFA talking goes, the "talk" that counts is what you say to any LEOs relating to a shooting. My standard advice is to say, "I want an attorney", and next, if you say anything, "I was in fear for my life."

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot my reloads always,however in my 1911 carry I keep Black Talons.Too many horror stories about prosocuting attournies trying to fry us with their diatribe. I know its not right but you can read numerous cases from Massad Ayoub about that very thing happening.I have perfect faith in my handloads,I do not have perfect faith in our legal (not justice) system.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Bill, it is simply a stark example of what happens in many parts of America when the system is failing.

Too many Americans simply do not want to face the FACT that there are so damn many people in this country that turn into little more than animals during such emergencies.

Such people should or will be shot on sight.

Anyone that would prey on the weak and the helpless at such a time deserves to be shot.

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And we, the public, are terribly concerned with his comfort in his final moments?

I am emphatically not a part of that particular we!

The looters are savages and should be put down with extreme prejudice! Just like your rabid dog ............

Posts: 41776 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jtex,I think we are all in agreement on that sentiment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 beer

Posts: 41776 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote