Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking Care Of Suede Boots Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
My daughter bought an outrageously expensive pair of knee-high, suede boots.
Does anyone have some care tips on how to make them look their best and last forever !!!
I've "Googled" this topic and have some tips, but I thought fellow AR members might have some additional great tips.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Except for using a brass suede brush, I don't know of much you can do with suede.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make her take them back for a refund.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't get them wet and use that little suede brush. They will still readidly stain. If she bought them herself, it'll be a lesson learned; if you bought them, I like Ole Miss Guy's suggestion.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad but true.They look GREAT when new.Short time period changes all that.If you're a guy then no worries,no fashion statement ,just wear the boots.I know that's not what you want to hear.I will mention that a few years ago there was a Government Sutler's division here in south Texas that was making cavalry boots ( knee + [Jeb Stuart] hip boots out of mule hide.Will post what I find. In the meantime just give her a hug + tell her you love her.That's it.

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleJB
posted Hide Post
You should just wear them till they are worn out. I have plenty of rough out boots that look 10x better than they did when they were first purchased.

If they are expensive they should last you a long time, and the longer you have a pair of boots the better they look, IMHO of course.

DRSS

Posts: 37 | Location: Texas | Registered: 09 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleJB
posted Hide Post
sorry, I misunderstood and thought that she bought them for YOU!

Either way though, wear them till there's holes in the sides!

I have a pair of suede hippo's that I will try to post some before and after shots of.

DRSS

Posts: 37 | Location: Texas | Registered: 09 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the lighter side of this,last week there was an interview on the radio with Jeff Daniels (the actor).He said that when he came to Hollywood the first piece of advice was given to him by John Wayne. "NEVER wear suede shoes!" Why not? "Because after you're famous + standing at the urinal in the men's room + some guy next to you is gonna turn + say "YOU'RE JOHN WAYNE!"

Posts: 4247 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote