New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Neutral Movie Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
My wife and I went to see "Couples Retreat" last night. Extremely entertaining flick about four couples who go to an island resort to work out their problems.

During the course of the movie Vince Vaughn's character is awakened by a bump in the night and opens a bedside drawer to reveal one of those button activated safes. He keys the combination and pulls out a SIG and magazine. He then loads the gun and proceeds downstairs to investigate. Other than carrying in Hollywood High Ready position instead of low ready, he manages to keep his finger off the trigger and not shoot anyone he shouldn't.

No negative gun diatribe or political rants ensued and the movie proceeded on to an enjoyable end.

thumb

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it yet, but from your description -

It don't sound gun neutral to me!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I've seen the movie, and I'll admit I cringed when he pulled the gun out of the nightstand.

I also agree with Rick R. There was no gun negative crap to follow, and believe me, I was waiting for it. In fact, the character who pulls the gun is the one guy who has his shit together among the group.

good movie with some very funny parts, and some lulls in between...

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Ray,

What was interesting was that Vince Vaughn's charactr owning a gun was no more noteworthy in the script than the fact that he drove his kid to soccer practice in an SUV.

Usually the only people with guns in a Hollywood movie are cops, crooks, soldiers and superheroes, not normal Joes like Vaughn's character portrayed.

I'm impressed, but then again I'm easily entertained. Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote