Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buyer Beware Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Buyer beware if you go to purchase anything from these people.
http://www.southernohiogun.com/

Call their toll free number first and make them tell you the shipping charges before you decide to order. I ordered an item for $10.95 which was a pretty decent savings from anywhere else I had found the item available. Thought it was odd they didn't even offer a shipping estimate on their website or that the invoice they sent me contain no total amount. Called the toll free # today to get a total including shipping and was informed it had already shipped (so screwed to cancel order) and the shipping charges totaled more than the item amount. With some kind of other fee added to it and shipping the total came to over $26 for a $10.95 priced item. Buyer beware.

It is totally my fault as I should have checked their shipping rates before I ordered. Just don't get caught by their big price discount setup they have going on like I did.

sjadventures@cableone.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know but doesn't Midsouth have a surcharge if your order is less than a certain amount? And too, they're pretty proud of their shipping also. They do, however, post the shipping and total charge before the order is finalized.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Refuse it and protest the charges on your credit card...if you want to stir the pot that is.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had very good luck with SOG, but I've only ordered guns from them.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
I've had very good luck with SOG, but I've only ordered guns from them.

I have no complaints on their service or products just their shady shipping fees that they refuse to divulge on their website. Got the item today and it's actual price was more than their website states too.

sjadventures@cableone.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call 'em up and see what they say. You know, give them a chance to do right.
Then let us know what they say.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So the price for the item was more you thought you were paying?

If so, that's called "deceptive".

Use that word and mention District Attorney Criminal Charges etc and see what happens.

In Texas that gets a merchants attention real quick like.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote