Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your local Housing Market Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I realize that this is an odd topic but it is a topic that interests me (maybe I am the only one Roll Eyes).

Here in Utah, it is certainly a sellers market to say the least. Many houses are
under contract within days of the initial listing. We have been looking for a house and found one that had
just came on the market. We were looking at it withing hours of listing and made an offer that same day.

Fortunately, our offer was accepted. Our realtor said that the house had "multiple offers". This all happened within
a time frame of 3 days!

I realize that there could be a housing crash. However, I am not seeing it happening in the immediate future.

How is your housing market? I wonder how the market is for our members that live outside the U.S. In the past few years,
I'd guesstimate that values have risen 25-50%???

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Denver is very hot... $300 to $500 per square foot. Closer to town, the higher it goes. Hope it lasts.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jason P:

Here in Utah, it is certainly a buyers market to say the least. Many houses are
under contract within days of the initial listing Our realtor said that the house had "multiple offers".

Jason. I believe you mean to say it’s a “Sellers” market. More demand than supply. A “Buyers” market is over supply and thus the prices are lower.
Residential real estate markets historically run in 10 year cycles. Many areas in the western US , Texas and Florida are seeing major growth. Luxury real estate in California and NYC are seeing a decline. It all depends where you want to live ,all markets are on a individual basis, no general consensus.

Posts: 673 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The North Dallas housing market has cooled-off somewhat. Houses had been going ABOVE asking price a year or so ago. Not right now.

There is a lot of new building still and the economy is still good. Plenty of jobs available if a person is willing to work.

Rental prices are not escalating.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here we exist on an oil, based economy. The political situation has destroyed that. Unemployment is steep and housing is basically a buyers market.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Las Cruces and El Paso are doing fine financially, but we have a really soft housing economy.

Houses aren't worth much.

We have an aging population of baby boomers that winters here and quite a few live here year round.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we have houses for sale around town.
the one across the street from me sat empty for about 2-1/2 years.

the city tax spenders keep saying we need more houses.
the citizens like it the way it is and are getting pissed at all their spending attempting to add more citizens.
mostly the ones that have to drive a truck down their pot hole ridden street because their car got high centered the last time they tried taking it somewhere.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
4wd:

Thanks for the correction.

Lamar: I like the area up where you live. It seems that the prices up your way are reasonable.

Our housing in Northern Utah, for the most part, is fairly stable. Even during the recession, the prices held pretty good.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colorado Springs market is very good for sellers at this time. New houses in the $250-500,000 range popping up every where

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Same thing here in Delaware, but as with everyplace else, it's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

Properties in shitty neighborhoods or locations will sit for months.. Properties in a good location, good neighborhood, away from large apartment complexes and public transportation are usually gone withing a week.

And of course, priced right. Unless the buyer has a big chunk of cash to put down, it will still need to pass an appraisal in order to qualify for a mortgage... and from what i have been hearing, appraisals of late have been on the more conservative side.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1963 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It's going strong in the Central Texas area (Travis + Williamson counties). My son is selling one of his houses on a 1-acre tract for $200K. Just a 1-acre tract w/ no house is going for $44K now.12 years ago it was $7K an acre. The paper said that 129 people a day are moving into Austin alone; out here in the country, it's even worse. And all along the highway subdivs are going in like wildfire with signs saying "starting at the $500s". Who makes that kind of money for the house payments?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want a small winter place it is a buyers market in Yuma.

Places all over the area for sale.

Posts: 19371 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I read today that Las Vegas housing market prices are the highest they've been since just before the financial bust of 2008. Not sure how true it is, as I have not paid that much attention to it. Utah's problem is that they have had all of these Silicon Slopes folks moving in for jobs and needing housing and causing the rest of the population to pay top price for a house. It's been going on up there for a number of years. Sad to see all of that green belt and outdoor/hunting activities now disappearing in the Utah and Salt Lake Valleys. And, then you add the Park City influence and factor into the mix. . . .

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Stay away from the area north of here, primarily in the Stephenville, Dublin area. There is no industry except farming + ranching, which is good but since everyone has an ag exemption there is not enough money coming into the city + county coffers so the local LEO are finding ANY excuse to pass out tickets for the revenue. I have a friend up there that builds steel buildings, horse barns, + arenas + he is constantly getting stopped + ticketed because they know if you're a welder then you have money. And every time the charges have been bogus. I.E.: If you are in a business/ working truck then you need a commercial license, etc. And if you are just passing through, watch your speed. You should anyway but they are making a killing on it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
There's a shortage of inventory in the Jacksonville, FL area, so properties priced right sell fairly quickly.

There are areas of town that don't sell so fast, mostly due to the lower price points and buyers' inability to qualify for mortgages.

Certain areas of town are typically avoided by higher-end buyers because of crime. I swear, there's at least 2-3 shootings and one death from gunshot daily here. But of course the higher priced homes aren't usually in those areas, anyway.

On the other hand, million dollar + homes on the St. Johns River and Atlantic coast sell very slowly, not a big surprise.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
In central Ca., a house in town will sell fast. If you have any land it sells slow or won't sell for what you want to get out of it.
4 acres and 2000 sf is worth $550,000 - $750,000.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote