Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona residents? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
How about this wind? How long has it been in your area? It's been blowing everyday in the Prescott area since March. We've had weeks now with constant wind at +/- 30mph and gusts to 50.

It doesn't even set down at night.

Anyone seen a spring like this before?

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In PHX area since '68, it has been more windy than most years. Usually it blows for one day then calm.
It is dry too, right now it is at 10% but a few days ago on the news it said it was 1%, I do not recall hearing that before.
I am not a fan of the start of the monsoon with hot and humid but this wind could stop anytime.

Mark

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Hopefully when the monsoon does come, it will not be one of our relatively dry ones which brings only 1-3" of rain over the whole season for some areas. As dry as it is out there we don't need all those monsoon lightning strikes setting the desert and the woods afire.

The wind and heat I can easily live with. Wildfires are not my preferred thing.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It rained tonight.
Most places that would not be noteworthy but it was 120 days without

Mark

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
As usual we didn't get any of that rain at my house in Cave Creek...maybe 3 minutes of sprinkles about 3 feet apart, but no rain. Rained a mile north of us, and 2 miles to the east, and danged near flooded 8-to-10 miles west of us, but none here. DARN!!

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unhooked a pair of horse trailers in Apache Junction then went to Yuma for another to bring back to Texas for warranty work and it was 108 coming back home on Inerstate. I thin we stayed the night at Gila Bend. Pretty warm I thought.
Okie

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote