Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever heard of these "clubs"? Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I know this is a extremely long shot but WTH.
While sitting here in front of computer in the heat wave, I've been amusing myself by buying sterling silver (and occasionally some gold, but it is much harder to buy gold below melt value) to melt on ebay.

Every now and then I buy a piece which is interesting and probably I won't melt, unless silver really skyrockets from the current very high (historically speaking) levels.

One is a soup spoon made early 1900s with a Dutch sterling hallmark on it, that has "Unique Club" "O4" (1904) in bowl of spoon. This could easily be a US or British Club. Anyone ever heard of it?

The other is a cigarette box, wood lined (prob. mahogany but unimportant), with British sterling hallmarks on it, made in 1928, engraved with "M. S. Rice, Ravioli Club, 7 August 1956" and various engraved autographic signatures on lid. Based on the wording of date, I suspect this is a British or European club, but it could be US. Anyone heard of it?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote