THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Moving back to the USA *from Germany)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving back to the USA *from Germany) Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I just got an email from a friend that has lived in Holland, Italy and now Germany for the last 15-20 year. He's giving up and moving back to the USA. His words about Germany.

" any public disagreement with Mutti Merkel's open borders policy gets you a visit from the police?"

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
I just got an email from a friend that has lived in Holland, Italy and now Germany for the last 15-20 year. He's giving up and moving back to the USA. His words about Germany.

" any public disagreement with Mutti Merkel's open borders policy gets you a visit from the police?"

She is one impressive woman. History will be kindest to her amoung all the global leader since 2000.

Single handily saved the euro, European Union and became a beckon for western democracy and ideals.

Good luck to your bubbly moving back to the US. I am going to Europe in 10 days to hunt red deer and boar. Will spend 10 days in October in Portugal looking at real estate. Would never do that if it was not for Merkel. She is good for property rights and capitalism.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merkel will go down in history as the most successful architect in Germany's cultural destruction. If you've spent any time in Europe in the past year, it is clear what is happening to Germany, France, Switzerland and Italy. Within a decade, all vestiges of their culture will be erased as 20 million Africans are expected to flock to the EU.

Viva multiculturalism, sayonara national identity.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Year before last we had a visit from a German lad that had been here as a student transfer in the 90's + was put up by my relatives.Anyway when he came out to my place + saw that I had guns his comment was,"In Germany it would be my duty to report you to the police for having firearms."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Year before last we had a visit from a German lad that had been here as a student transfer in the 90's + was put up by my relatives.Anyway when he came out to my place + saw that I had guns his comment was,"In Germany it would be my duty to report you to the police for having firearms."

Germans are still bred to click their heels and raise their arm in obedience. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed! When I was a kid over there they made me sit on my left hand to force me to eat with my right,there are NO left handed Germans.Going to a concert is another experience. When they applaud they do it in time,all at the same time. Kinda eerie.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe from So. Cal.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
He's giving up and moving back to the USA.

This statement puzzles me. I would love to hear his reasons for moving over there to begin with.

Posts: 7725 | Location: Peoples Republic Of California | Registered: 13 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
He probably works for the US government is some fashion.

And they are pushing him back based on an enforcement of the five year rule (which was often broke before, but now seems to be enforced at a fairly alarming rate).

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Merkel will go down in history as the most successful architect in Germany's cultural destruction. If you've spent any time in Europe in the past year, it is clear what is happening to Germany, France, Switzerland and Italy. Within a decade, all vestiges of their culture will be erased as 20 million Africans are expected to flock to the EU.

Viva multiculturalism, sayonara national identity.

Yeah well the same thing was said when the wall came down and of most European countries after WWII. But it didn't happen.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's happening now...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe from SC,They have the BEST beer.I need not start on the food,but it is superb.

posted Hide Post
Belgian Trappist ales are better than any German beers I've ever had.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need not start on the food,but it is superb.

AFA German cooking goes, I would strongly disagree, especially when compared to its neighbor's.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

George

Why do people insist on perpetuating that myth?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:

George

Probably because most beer tasters think the Belgian ales taste better.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:

George

Probably because most beer tasters/reviewers think the Belgian ales taste better with more depth.

xxxxxxxxxx