New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost visionaries Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Something different for our unusual times. There have been many great people from the past who were true visionaries but are now gone. Here is one of my favorites:

Carl Sagan, 1995.

Who else? Who would you add to this discussion?

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Science, like math, is true whether you believe it or not.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just what I needed on a Monday morning, a little optimism. His description of a service and information economy was kind in view of the financialization of the economy.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Here is another one:

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I will have to bring up my favorite Orwell quote from a book I read in HS (class off 66 thank you).
Read it and never forgot it and then it started looking to be true.

Excerpt for Orwell's 1949 book “1984”

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” — George Orwell from his book "1984"

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A very scary book indeed + as had been said before, "1984 was a warning, not a manual for the govt."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Interesting times.