Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Truck........ Login/Join 
one of us
posted
....times are tough in E Texas, but I went to an auction and bought a new truck to haul stuff with.......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
......and since I bought myself a new truck, I had to buy the wife a new car.......

BTW, this isn't a joke, I did buy these two vehicles. Now if I can only figure out how to get them home...... bewildered

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool truck (what is it?) but that Caddie scares me ... Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, don't worry about it sweet thang, you should be used to it in California.....wanna go for a spin? clap

The truck is either a 30 Model A or AA, I don't know enough about the differences to determine which, yet. It was advertised as an A but one guy who seemed to know what he was talking about thought it was a AA. Quien sabe? It's only in fair shape but it will look good on a hay ride or something.

The best buy I let get away, it was a cherry red 61 Thunderbird convertible, excellent shape, only fair top, which is easily replaced fairly cheaply, for $8800.

Another cool car that went cheap was a 57 Lincoln Premier, very good body and interior, not running due to sitting for years, for $2750.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Model AA the original superduty. Nice truck.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
My first automobile was a 1929 Model A tudor sedan. There will always be a soft spot in my heart for early Fords. Paid $200 (1963), drove it to high school for 3 years.

In fact, there may be a soft spot in my heart from now on for ALL Fords. No more GMs or Chryslers for this cowboy.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote