Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Crash at Hunt America Login/Join 
one of us
posted
for those interested, Hunt America had a major crash and forum info can be obtained here.

http://www.huntamerica.com/

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Hi ncboman!

So, they've been down over a month now, based on your posting date. I sent some money to get the site back up, as did others, but Marshall doesn't seem to be having success or else isn't trying.

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes one appreciate this site when compared to others.

Posts: 10158 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I checked in at huntamerica last night for the first time in about six months. It's amazing how far it has fallen. It used to be the place to hang out on the web, but I think folks just got tired of swamp's heavy handed moderation. I have to admit that I hang out mostly at 24hourcampfire these days. Accuratereloading seems to be going downhill also with all the hate America BS that's constantly spread around here. Some bantering is good for the soul, but some of the stuff here crosses the line. What really chaffed me was DRG deleting a thread he didn't agree with then lying about it when I called him on it and his accusing me of being "mental". There doesn't seem to be much interest in honest discussion, just a bunch of teenagers trying to one up each other. Na, na, na, my dad can beat up your dad type of stuff.

One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
Hunt America is back online! But with a different URL:

Hunt America Forums

I kept clicking the old link (which should have been redirected to the new one, IMO) and getting an error.

I like the new software, come on over and check it out.

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
BTW, swamp hasn't posted on his own forums since July 2007. There's very light moderation now.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
HA once thrived in spite of Swamp and has now become irrelevant because of him. He got what he deserved IMO.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote