THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Congratulations to Martin Fourcade of France for winning Biathlon in Korea.....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congratulations to Martin Fourcade of France for winning Biathlon in Korea..... Login/Join 
one of us
posted
....he crushed his fellow competitors. Very cool event, but, as usual, the shooting was somewhat neglected.

Really interesting rifles are used. Targets are 1.8 inches for prone and 4.5 inches for standing all at 50 meters. Doesn't sound hard until you factor in the maximum amount of exertion the competitors are putting out before having to shoot. Anschutz biathlon rifles are in the $2500 range and up.

Unfortunately, the best US competitor finished about 17th, I believe.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Lora was saying that America had a good chance at a medal this time and I told her if we heard about it, it would be a small miracle.

NBC won't even mention it probably.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I have an Anschutz 54 L.H. that will drill one hole groups under perfect conditions.The truth as we all know is at a distance the reading for the wind + allowing for drop are major things to consider. No attitude aside,i would put myself up ,against anyone w/ pistols at 50 yds. I would not make that claim with rifiles at extended distance,I have studied it for years ,but I am no adept.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they mentioned the event was coming up later.
then cut coverage.
I have pretty much seen the swedes, danes, Japanese, Canadians, and Korens do everything else though.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have satellite TV and on one of the earlier afternoon channels, it was covered completely, more or less.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Heard today that because of wind conditions, women's biathlon has been postponed. Hope to watch it.

My son, new to Colorado, has been learning to snowboard, after watching the snowboarding event last night, I told him to stay away from half pipes. Insane event. Great effort and result for Shaun White.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations AGAIN to Martin Fourcade of France for winning the 15KM Mass Start Biathlon in a thrilling photo finish with Schemp of Germany who took the Silver. Really impressive since he missed twice and had to do two penalty laps as compared to the Germans one. Great event!!

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to stay up late for the one event and then caught the others.
his skiing was amazing and the finish was so close they all but neglected to show the race for third place.
the off set start race come down to skiing and fitness too the Russian got his butt handed to him on that last leg.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Did I hear correctly that the American athlete that competed in the Biathlon placed 5th. and that is the highest an American has ever placed in the event?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one might have in the individual competition.

the 2 man 2 woman team event was today.
this French guy is amazing.
he made up a full minute plus with his skiing and shooting.
when he rolled into the final shooting stage he made up about 15 seconds right there.
it was amazing. he took out all 5 targets in about 3 seconds with dead center hits on 4 of them and a slightly low hit on the 4th.
then he chased the german down and passed him well before half way through the final run to the end.
he was far enough at the end he pretty much stopped for a flag to carry on his way to the finish line.