Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dishwashers Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Who builts a good dish washer? Need to get one before thanksgiving.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kenmore. Actually Sears would be a good place to start. They usually have several brands side by side.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you insist on Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss optics, then Miele is your choice, trouble free and absolutely sparkling dishes, quiet also. Otherwise all the rest are the same... except Asea... avoid.

Posts: 260 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Previously posted rant was against Sears but described a new washer & dryer. Sears has bad service and only OK products. For a dishwasher i think it's very hard to beat the Bosh products. Tehy are Very, very quiet, clean well, and are very energy efficient. In our large open kitchen & den space, we can hardly tell when the dishwasher is running it is so quiet. You can watch TV or visit with no background noise from the dishwasher.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Miele now. Works well but the cirulation pump keeps leaking. Poor service from the company and parts are a fortune. They are the only source for parts and no direct sales to the consumer. The model is a G892. I know three people with the same machine all with the same problem. Time to cut my losses before the army arrives on thanksgiving.

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
Previously posted rant was against Sears but described a new washer & dryer. Sears has bad service and only OK products. For a dishwasher i think it's very hard to beat the Bosh products. Tehy are Very, very quiet, clean well, and are very energy efficient. In our large open kitchen & den space, we can hardly tell when the dishwasher is running it is so quiet. You can watch TV or visit with no background noise from the dishwasher.

X2 tu2
Just had my Bosch installed an cannot believe how quiet it is. Look for 50Dba or lower for quietness. Very energy efficient and cleans very well. Smiler

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
X3 Bosch. Running right now. Can not here it 25 feet away with the TV on.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever you buy, make sure it has upper level wash as well as lower. Otherwise, debris will accumulate on anything showing a concave surface while inverted on upper rack.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI moment

Kenmore, Whirlpool, and Maytag are all the same dog.....the company I work for is a supplier

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Bosch!
Super quite

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote