THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Gun “Dealer” Pleas/Gun Show Loophole

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun “Dealer” Pleas/Gun Show Loophole Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
https://www.pressreader.com/us...0313/281835760767898

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
These guys definitely were operating more than just hobbies. It’s good the bad guys got caught, but I hope it’s not used as an example of the norm.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It is good that they got caught but due to the media, it paints all of us with a black brush. Mainly because in general, they haven't a clue what they are downtrodding. Here in Williamson County we recently had a serving judge convicted of illegal firearms sales. He is gone + no one knows where; it would be rough to be a judge in prison. I recall a few years ago a Priest who was prosecuted for child molesting was incarceratered + he made it almost a month before he was killed.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
It is good that they got caught but due to the media, it paints all of us with a black brush. Mainly because in general, they haven't a clue what they are downtrodding. Here in Williamson County we recently had a serving judge convicted of illegal firearms sales. He is gone + no one knows where; it would be rough to be a judge in prison. I recall a few years ago a Priest who was prosecuted for child molesting was incarceratered + he made it almost a month before he was killed.

Williamson County has been shady for a long time. Look a Michael Morton. Even more recently, there was a show about a supposed serial killer.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've got that right. I could tell several stories about the graft in Wilco. As to the D.A. who prosecuted Mike Morton, I had to have dealings with that A.H. several years ago + I find that I have described him accurately.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dealings with Ken Anderson, the D.A. was in regards to a job that I did + wasn't paid for. The builder that I built a radius entrance flashing for never paid + the homeowner told me that the builder had not paid anyone, just pocketed the money + filed chapter 7, so if I would go to the D.A. + sign up my grievance they could make a case against him. My 1st mistake was doing so. After filling out the paperwork I was told that I would be informed when to go to court. I told him I can't take off work to sit down here even for a delinquent $350.00 bill. He said, you will be here or we will put out a warrant for your arrest. I sat in that courtroom for 3 days + the guy never showed he just had his lawyer file postponements; I lost more than $350.00 just sitting there.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I believe Ken Anderson was disbarred, convicted and even prisoned over the Michael Morton deal. That was after he was elected judge.

The Netflix show “Confession Killer” about Henry Lee Lucas was the one I had referenced prior regarding Williamson County.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The word here was that he only lost his job. No jail time + was allowed to keep his retirement. Also concerning Henry Lee Lucas; boy oh boy he single-handedly put an end to hitchhiking. When they had him in the Wilco jail awaiting trial they had to make him a dentist to have his few remaining rotten teeth pulled so under Deputies supervision they took him to a dentist here that a working buddy of mines wife was the counter check-in secretary. She said she was totally freaked out by that guy. He just emanated evil. Even with all the cops around him, she was scared to death. Another interesting story, a friend of mine from college collects dollhouses. Anyway, she was in a gift shop in Huntsville + saw a dollhouse that looked interesting but turning it around the maker's name was on it. You guessed it, Henry Lee Lucas built it in prison. She was not interested at that point. I think only a sick woman would be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, If what you said about Ken Anderson is true, I would like to know; he certainly deserves all of that + then some for ruining a man's life. There was a real community uproar over his slap on the wrist sentence; especially the retainment of his retirement pkg. I had not heard anything different. I hope you're right.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
NC:

It was a joke of a sentence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...00%3ftemplate=ampart

I heard Mr. Morton speak at a CLE here. He should be more pissed off. Every plea deal requires acknowledgment of the Michael Morton Act.

Henry Lee Lucas was a freak, but he was railroaded by the Texas Rangers and Williamson County. There was even a smear campaign against the McClennan county DA.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, some joke. He should have had to do the time that he stole from Morton, but that's Wilco for you. Last year my eldest son was behind on his property taxes + was looking at seizure so my middle son stepped up + paid the bill to Wilco. A week later there was an additional fine because of nonpayment. He called them up + said but its already been paid. We don't care there is still a $500.00 fine. He went to a tax attorney who told him to save your money + just pay the $500.00 fine because you WILL NOT sue Wilco. + win.