Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is it Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
That as I travel and camp, that I get looked down on because I'm a hunter out enjoying our great country and wildlife. The cost of my hunting and fishing licenses help pay for conservation efforts of these great resources. But, a bunny hugging tree lover (obvious by all the anti this and that bumper stickers on his minivan) and his 3 dogs (not on leash) are allowed to roam about, chasing big-horn ewes we had been filming. Why is he more important to the conservation effort than I?

One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Because of their elitist attitude and the "fact" that just because he doesn't kill animals conserves the species. Little do they know that the main conservationists in North America are in fact hunters and anglers.

I've been explaining this to a few of the ladies I work with who, up until recently, had no clue that money from hunting & fishing licenses go towards the conservation of wildlife. And very little money comes from anti-hunting groups to help. Their money is directed at shutting us down, the main supporters & providers for wildlife and fish!!

My boss was surprised that Ducks Unlimited supports the hunting of ducks and geese. He thought they were all about preserving wetlands but against hunting for some odd reason. So sometimes it's just misunderstanding mixed in with a bit of ignorance, which usually can be remedied with sound reasoning and actual facts.

The granola crunchers you mention are beyond any type of reasoning so I wouldn't even waste my time.

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteKiller82:

Little do they know that the main conservationists in North America are in fact hunters and anglers.
+1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote