New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please explain this... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
I just saw a commercial for an upcoming Ford electric F150. It showed a house with no power, lights out, being connected to the electric F150. The lights came on. Fine and dandy but I have to wonder. What charges the truck if power is out at the house?? There ain’t no free lunches. If you can charge your truck, you obviously have power to your house. What am I missing?? Confused

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the guys kids take turns sitting under the hood and diddling the alternator.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I guess that they're supposing that your truck is fully charged and you come home to an outage at the house and you save the day and get everything back up and running from the truck (like a generator) until the trouble is fixed. Hell, I don't know. I haven't seen the ad. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
That’s all just fine. But if the power outage is longer than a couple of hours, no way the trucks batteries are going to power a house.... And if the power outage only lasts a couple of hours, who cares?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
C'mon, commercials aren't supposed to make sense, only sell a product. Whistling

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I love the way they claim all electric vehicles are green.

Where does the power that charges them comes from?

In Sweden there is a proposal to have wires embedded in the roads to charge vehicles as they drive.

They will charge you per mile.

My BMW X5 got updated software.

Bloody horrible!

All the supposedly safety things in it are on permanently now.

Before I could switch them off as they are so annoying.

Now you cannot.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Remember not too long ago when you could go into the parts house + get anything for your straight 6 for $15.00? Not any more. Saeed, Texas has sold the toll system to Spain (our tax dollars) to expire + give it back to us just at the time when all the road repairs will be needed. I would really like to know who is getting rich selling out their own citizens.+ further more what can be done about it!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote