THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Bowling Balls - Not Like They Used To Be

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowling Balls - Not Like They Used To Be Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Got a surprise this morning. I was bowling with friends and he showed me his new ball. It had four holes. The odd hole was "for balance" he said. While I was trying to get WTF out of my mouth another friend showed me his new ball with four holes. I asked him if that extra hole was for "balance". He said, "no, that was to make it legal". "WTF" came to mind again.

Seems they are both right. It is called a balance hole, and it may be needed to make a ball "legal". (Just about the time I think I've got it all learned-up.)

https://www.bowlingthismonth.c...e-hole-fundamentals/

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The link explaining the balance hole position makes my head hurt.
I have my father in law's bowling ball and it has only two holes.

M

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not realize bowling was so complicated.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, now all the innocent fun is out of it ...

Frowner

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can shoot them along with potatoes and pumpkins !
Those holes make a strange whistling sound and one shooter found the deer near his target got confused by the sound and ran right into the path of the incoming ball !! Big Bore ! dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met a guy several years back that used bowling balls as bullets for his mortar- which looked like a lengthened gallon paint can (with thicker sides). He'd pour 1/4 pound black powder in, seat the ball. When fired the ball went completely out of sight so I'm not sure where it came down. In the second ball he had drilled out a spot for a charge of powder, packed a charge in it then covered it with (I guess) some sort of epoxy with a fuse attached. He fired it and at about 100 feet up it had a fairly spectacular air burst. It was interesting and fun to watch, but I'm not sure how well it would go with the ATF.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My model rocket club launch bowling balls as payloads in a contest.
http://www.ahpra.org/bbl01.htm

M

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote