Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Almost fell over! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
In May I put corn in four feeders. Paid a little over $13 a hundred. Monday I bought corn for the feeders and it had jumped to $20 a hundred. We have a small cow/calf operation. I like to feed cubes. It makes both me and the cows happy. Cubes jumped for $6.80 per 50# to $11 per 50#! Something has gotta give!

Posts: 704 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it'll be your wallet long before the inflation slows down.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yep + with the population density increase comes to the more use of water resources + then less water for farming/ irrigation. See what your grocery bills will run then, not to mention supplemental feed. + thus the meat prices. Only a few months in office + doing an admirable job of tanking the economy.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only a few months in office + doing an admirable job of tanking the economy.

Yep. thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told today that when they shut down the bridge over the Mississippi they also stopped barge traffic under it. Barges backed up! Now that the barges are moving again there is a shortage of truck drives to keep it moving. If local elevators have corn, they too are short drivers. Millers have to pay to keep product going out. Thanks Uncle Joe!

Posts: 704 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be funny if it weren't so dire. It's like he took a crash course on how to destroy our complete infrastructure in as short a time as possible; + the libs are still expounding his virtues. I really don't get it that some people can be so stupidly blind.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
It would be funny if it weren't so dire. It's like he took a crash course on how to destroy our complete infrastructure in as short a time as possible; + the libs are still expounding his virtues. I really don't get it that some people can be so stupidly blind.

you don't get it? its simple.
"your stimulous check is in the mail". "you don'ts be a gotta go ta work"

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Knowing that people voted for this situation I say hang on to your asses. We are in for a very rough ride.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed + to ad to that the newly Biden-appointed bozo to head the ATF is rabidly anti gun + plans to add all semis to the restricted list. Hmmm, a taxation dept. being allowed to pass a law???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a great example of the libtards about to eat their own again. On facebook I belong to many different groups depending on work, hobbies, etc. One is a self-proclaimed 'conservation ' group that is littered with 'scientists and environmentalists' who believe in excessive sentience in wildlife and that the democratic party will save the world. Almost all of them are rabid party loyalists.

Some recent 0biden admin enviro-mistake has them all up in arms. I commented that the govt was never about fixing anything unless it benefited itself. Boy did that open a shitstorm. How dare I speak the truth and make china Joe look like the turd he is.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
it'll be your wallet long before the inflation slows down.

Not sure. We are on the cusp of a bubble. I cannot tell which way we will fall.

One one hand, there was a lot of money printed last year (and for awhile before that), inflation.

On the other hand there are a lot of smoke-and-mirrors assets which could disappear in a heartbeat (derivatives) and leave some banks and big fellows with no money, deflation.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be...

All of the factors involved in 2008 are in play. This would be a good time to dust off our 1980s Harry Browne books and re-read them.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14387 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m shocked at food prices. It is way up.

Of course, real estate is as well.

Avoid debt like the plague...

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

Jason,

I think most people are going to be in a world of hurt soon. As we know, few prepare for disasters, especially those caused by politics.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:

Jason,

I think most people are going to be in a world of hurt soon. As we know, few prepare for disasters, especially those caused by politics.

Yes, live for today with no thought for tomorrow. There will soon be more demands for government help...

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There will soon be more demands for government help...

They might not like what comes.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed not! but they will most likely find someone else to blame for their faulty decisions, as usual.