Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sniping on gunbroker? Login/Join 

Picture of Mark
posted
I haven't really bought much on gunbroker, a couple of rifles a few years ago, and I'm looking at some used gun parts listed there right now that I'm going to be bidding on.

I haven't read much about the 15 minute rule they have, does it apply to everything? I usually wait until the last 10 minutes or so on an online auction and then bid my maximum bid but I might have to be somewhere else when the auction ends, and if the 15 or whatever minute rule applies to everything I might just make a bid a lot earlier and just let the bidding play out however.

Anyway, any hints/suggestions/observations for buying stuff from gunbroker are appreciated.

Thanks all,

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
15 minute rule applies to everything. If you can't be there near the end of the auction put in the most you are willing to pay for the item.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
15 minute rule is really a good rule for sellers. As a buyer, if at all possible, I wait until just under 15 minutes left and place a bid, not necessarily my maximum if I have the time and can sit and wait the auction out. You can always bid again if someone outbids your last bid, and the 15 min period restarts. I would only bid my maximum if I was not going to be present at auction's end. I don't blame them, but too many people will chop away a few dollars at a time until they exceed your bid and then just barely outbid you. Nothing wrong with that, but I like the option of raising the bid on my end as well.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote