Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abuse of police power Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Terrifying abuse of police powers and anti gun policies in DC. This is old but it shows what can happen.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/n...-years-jail-unregis/

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As I have said before,if you let them dress up like storm troopers,they WILL start to act like it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
No one forces the guy to live in DC.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not unless his employer says so.I personally am fed up with the gestapo tactics that the (PIG ) tactics are using against citizens solely for revenue. The things that I could tell you about what goes on in our county by the (law) would curl your hair.DON'T move to Williamson County. I have lived here for over 45 years + don't want to go but am being forced out by high taxes + constant harassment.My nest door (next property anyway) just had to move out.They were Spiveys that settled here when Texas was still a Republic + now are being forced to leave. Somehow that chaps my ass. Oh + BTW,Chuck ,before you say do something about it,I already have.Got lawyers in wildlife + land management that has set us upon a bee farm;it works + its fun + you can always eat the honey.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
No one forces the guy to live in DC.

True but living in a highly regulated and complex legal opens one up to many prosecutorial risks.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-F...nocent/dp/1594035229

There is an implicit social agreement that one does not prosecute people for minor infractions.

Driving 70.5 in a 70 mile zone is a lot different than driving 120 in a 70 mile zone.

ATF searching class iii suppressor holders for every violation in a complex regulatory scheme would be a horrific abuse of their powers.

Same with conceal weapons holders.

This was a targeted abuse directed at a gun owner by a anti gun police force.

If they want to find you have violated a complex firearms law they will find it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

There is an implicit social agreement that one does not prosecute people for minor infractions.

I've been saying this for years now. It galls me to see good people that make a minor mistake ONCE being treated harshly. That said, I have no sympathy for the 30 year old that has never worked but has been arrested 30x for robbery.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has been sent to the NRA. It is at the office of the General Counsel right now.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This occurred in 2013!! I am curious as to what changes have been made in the laws in Washington DC. It is clear there are some inconsistencies in the law. The judge was sympathetic but his hands were tied!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
This occurred in 2013!!

I have been wondering when someone would point that out, and WHY it is of ANY significance now?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a text from some people at the NRA. Apparently, there is more to the story. The defendant is a total ass according to what I am told. He made the situation far worse.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
This occurred in 2013!!

I have been wondering when someone would point that out, and WHY it is of ANY significance now?

Read my opening post.

"This is old but it shows what can happen."

Why it matters - a lot of us ar members have class iii stuff - mainly silencers. In a different political world a lot of members are subject to atf regulation and subject to complex regulatory environment.

Same for traveling overseas with firearms.

If blind letter of the law is followed there are a thousands of complex gun regulations that can throw at law abiding ar members.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I just got a text from some people at the NRA. Apparently, there is more to the story. The defendant is a total ass according to what I am told. He made the situation far worse.

As usual, when ALL the facts come out there's more to the story. Thanks Larry. I'm not a fan of agitators that in many cases cause their own problems. That said, it sounds like those DC laws are ridiculous.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the fact that the guy was a "total ass" does not, and should not change either the law, or, how it is enforced. Did the police know that he was a "total ass" when they invaded his house and handcuffed the child taking a shower? Does his being a "total ass" somehow justify that?
Sorry, I expect better from my law enforcement. They should behave professionally even when the suspect is not.
I thought there was a reason this was posted in Miscellaneous rather then the PF!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why it matters - a lot of us ar members have class iii stuff - mainly silencers. In a different political world a lot of members are subject to atf regulation and subject to complex regulatory environment.

Same for traveling overseas with firearms.

If blind letter of the law is followed there are a thousands of complex gun regulations that can throw at law abiding ar members.

Like many things in life, those of you that have Made The Choice to have such toys, did so on your own. That means you knew what you were gettiong into.

From some of the latest comments that have been made the guy may have brought this all down on his head thru his own actions.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
read my other post;some of us are fed up with nazi tactics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think all Americans are fed up with the Gestapo actions of many LEO's across the country.

On the flip side however think of how many LEO's are fed up with the attitude many Americans take when stopped for something that they know they were doing wrong, such as speeding.

The system has devolved to the point that the Public and LEO's simply have lost trust in each other.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The system has devolved to the point that the Public and LEO's simply have lost trust in each other.

So much for telling your kids to find a cop if they have a problem.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So much for telling your kids to find a cop if they have a problem.

Unfortunately that is what has happened.

The bigger issue is whether that can be reversed.