New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think you've got troubles Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Check out this former Army soldier's lesson-- it's all about attitude. God bless this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgQkh1_cACE

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
He is 100% right. God bless him. I met a guy that both legs were blown off in Nam + he was walking around with no crutches So we got to talking. He said at 1st he was bitter, then he decided to keep on living. He said he had gone through numerous sets of legs learning to snow ski, water ski, backpack the mountains, etc. I have enormous respect for him + anyone like him. I don't know if I could do it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was something I needed today.....

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It is an inspiration. I thank God that neither I nor my sons had to ever had to deal with that, service yes, loss of limbs no. We are all old enough now to be out of any fray, but as history has taught us there will be another "action" within a 30-year time frame. So I do concern myself on my Grandsons. Just natural I suppose.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote