Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McRib is made of what? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Anyone have a reliable source that tells what is in a McRib?

The articles I have seen are scary to me (tripe and stomachs).

I have yet to eat one.

Support the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Posts: 272 | Location: Central KY | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
McMeat and they are delicious. The ONLY sandwich I eat at MacDonalds.I like their breakfast menu but dislike a Big Mac more than any other burger on the market. They seem to ration the McRib and only offer it occaisonaly.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Daily Double, but have not done the McRib. May be time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pork piece-sparts of course. I agree, it does taste good.

Posts: 3675 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobelk99:
The articles I have seen are scary to me (tripe and stomachs).

I "believe" that they would have to mention if they used organ meat. According to the list of ingredients it is made of boneless pork.

I would bet that they are using the meat that is boiled off the bones after hog has been processed.

Not nearly as bad as the process used to make McNuggets a few years ago.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
One further comment ,not about McRibs but about tripe. I have eaten tripe all my life,it is in fact the stomach lining of cattle. My Grandmother soaked it in milk,floured it and pan fried it like chicken fried steak and it is a fine dish if I do say so. I live in Southern Arizona and two popular dishes here contain tripe -- menudo which is tripe and red chilis and pasole which is hominy and tripe --- menudo being the typical sober up dish after a big night out. Mexico is a large producer of tripe.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some things, like weiners and bologna, you don't want to know. Several generations of healthy Americans were raised on weiners and bologna. Now the soccer moms are screaming "do you know what's in that horrible stuff??" And look at their kids.
The simple answer is no I don't and I don't want to know. All's I know is they are good. Big Grin

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McRib Ingredients
McRib Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ).
McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.
McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion*, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. *Dehydrated
Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color).
Slivered Onions

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7x57:
McRib Ingredients
McRib Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ).
McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.
McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion*, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. *Dehydrated
Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color).
Slivered Onions

Agreed. Now can you define this instance of boneless pork?

First poster I have ever 'met' that I knew his location. I am in Waddy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell, I can do that Boneless pork is pork that don't have no bones in it. dancing

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...a filet ie boneless jumping

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Proper American English ! Boned pork = boneless pork = deboned pork.
Like 'fat chance' = 'slim chance' !
Ain't language wonderful ! dancing

one of us
posted Hide Post
McRib is made of McAssholes Big Grin

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
and McNutsacks

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought "boned pork" was what the sow is after the boar had been by. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are all "engineered" meats and ain't what you think it is. Sorta like hot dogs...some meat yes, and a lot of other stuff mixed in to get it "formed" and "firmed". You would be surprised just how much meat there " is not" in many of these "meat" products.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Boned pork = brood sow vaginas.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
Per "Business Insider" article - Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape — in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawk1:
Per "Business Insider" article - Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape — in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

Thank you.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I just had one last night! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Only sheer starvation would make me eat any kind of factory processed meat.
I'd prefer one of my own shot rabbits any day of the week rather than McReformed.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote