New
Find
Notify
Tools

Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Gonna be in Atlanta passing through Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC on the way to Myrtle Beach.

Any gunstore or attractions "Not to Miss" along the way.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watch out for IRENE......

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
Gonna be in Atlanta passing through Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC on the way to Myrtle Beach.

Any gunstore or attractions "Not to Miss" along the way.

I'd hit Jim's Gun Shop in Sumter,SC (Hwy 378 east of Columbia) for a huge collection of milsurps and collectible bolt guns, if that is an interest. Once you get to Florence, SC on the way to Myrtle Beach, I'd advise you to take a slight detour north up I-95 to Hwy 52 West and go to Darlington, SC. Take the By-pass west and go about 1 mile and you will see Darlington Gun Works on your left (green bldg). The owner is named Jim Kelly and he was voted one of the top 10 'smiths in America some time ago. He specializes in custom SxS shotguns and is an authorized repair center for English double guns. Next, head further north on I-95 to Dillon, SC where you will get on US hwy 501 North at the NC/SC border. Take it to Laurinburg, NC and turn onto US Hwy 401 N. Go about 7 miles to a small town named Wagram. In Wagram there is a gun store that carries probably the largest collection of double barreled shotguns in the country. It is right on Hwy 401 across the street from the police station. You can often find good buys on custom FN Mausers, old Savages, and Winchester M70's.
You can then leave Wagram and head back towards Dillon where you can pick up 501 to Myrtle Beach.

Good hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3683 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
ztreh

Not going till 9/9. I hope everthing is OK by then.

Bob

Thanks a lot. here's a few I just googled.

Jarrett – Jackson, SC
Blankenship – Grovetown,SC
Lexington Firearms, Lexington, SC
Sportsman Warehouse – Columbia, SC
Winslow arms, Camden, SC
Wilson Knife shop, Florence, SC

My uncle is just down the road from Fred Kart. You'd never know he was there.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote